+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC mismatch?

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
Hello all,

I am currently on PGWP and will complete my 1 year skilled experience this august to appy for CEC. I just need clarification regarding job duties. I am working as an Office Administrator but when I look on the NOC website for the duties I should have, it seems to me that my current job responsibilities doesn't really match whats on the website.

As an Office Administrator in the company I'm currently working these are my responsibilities:
  • Assist with building and maintaining website, databases and internal portal. Ensure they are fully functioning and maintained regularly with relevant and up to date information
  • Take photos of inventory as needed
  • Manage the design and ordering of business cards as well as maintain the safety certificate pdfs for all employees
  • Assist with general office duties, assist in processing accounts payable and receivables when needed
  • Process work orders
  • Manage all shipping of documents and material, as well as generating report.
However based on the NOC website, these should be the duties of an Office Administrator:
1221 – Administrative officers
Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
  • Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
  • Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
  • Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
  • Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
  • Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
  • Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
  • Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
  • Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
  • May supervise records management technicians and related staff.
I went through other job titles on the website and I think I fit or match on this NOC:
1241 – Administrative assistants
Administrative assistants perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional employers. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
  • Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
  • Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
  • Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
  • Order office supplies and maintain inventory
  • Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
  • Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
  • Determine and establish office procedures
  • Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
  • Record and prepare minutes of meetings
  • Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
  • May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
  • May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
  • May organize conferences.
Can somebody please enlighten me on this? How should I go with my dilemma? I'm afraid I get refused due to NOC mismatch. Any thoughts? Thank you!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
So it won't matter even if my job contract says Office Administrator?
What codeheals meant was, matching the job duties and responsibilities is far more important than job title.

Reactions: Miracle2018

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello all,

I am currently on PGWP and will complete my 1 year skilled experience this august to appy for CEC. I just need clarification regarding job duties. I am working as an Office Administrator but when I look on the NOC website for the duties I should have, it seems to me that my current job responsibilities doesn't really match whats on the website.

As an Office Administrator in the company I'm currently working these are my responsibilities:
  • Assist with building and maintaining website, databases and internal portal. Ensure they are fully functioning and maintained regularly with relevant and up to date information
  • Take photos of inventory as needed
  • Manage the design and ordering of business cards as well as maintain the safety certificate pdfs for all employees
  • Assist with general office duties, assist in processing accounts payable and receivables when needed
  • Process work orders
  • Manage all shipping of documents and material, as well as generating report.
However based on the NOC website, these should be the duties of an Office Administrator:
1221 – Administrative officers
Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
  • Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
  • Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
  • Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
  • Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
  • Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
  • Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
  • Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
  • Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
  • May supervise records management technicians and related staff.
I went through other job titles on the website and I think I fit or match on this NOC:
1241 – Administrative assistants
Administrative assistants perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional employers. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
  • Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
  • Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
  • Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
  • Order office supplies and maintain inventory
  • Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
  • Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
  • Determine and establish office procedures
  • Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
  • Record and prepare minutes of meetings
  • Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
  • May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
  • May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
  • May organize conferences.
Can somebody please enlighten me on this? How should I go with my dilemma? I'm afraid I get refused due to NOC mismatch. Any thoughts? Thank you!!
1241 is clearly a better fit, but you also have to make sure the lead statement fits. What kind of company do you work for (what products or services do they sell, and to whom?)

bpink

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
1241 is clearly a better fit, but you also have to make sure the lead statement fits. What kind of company do you work for (what products or services do they sell, and to whom?)
Hello!
It's a construction/rental equipment company. My job is 50% marketing/graphics too as I handle updating our website, logo and business cards also catalogues. My worry is for NOC 1241 I don't do stuff like answering the phone and ordering office supplies. Do you think I should still choose 1241? Thank you for your response.