+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC job duties not matching

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
I am applying in express entry via CEC. I have 1 year experience in Canada however the job letter issued to me by my previous employer only has some job duties found on NOC website. That too are not a word to word copy.

My previous employer is not willing to change my duties so that is NOT an option.

Please advice which one is the better option.

1. Apply with current job letter. The job duties match 50% of what is written for my NOC. However, they use different wordings. Job letter does include a HR contact if CIC wants to call.
I will attach LOE that will explain why my job comes in the NOC code.

2. I wait for another year. Get a letter from my current employer that will be more aligned with the listed NOC job duties.

One important think If I get rejection in case 1 can I still re-apply next year? Will it be a bad thing if I get rejected in case 1?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I am applying in express entry via CEC. I have 1 year experience in Canada however the job letter issued to me by my previous employer only has some job duties found on NOC website. That too are not a word to word copy.

My previous employer is not willing to change my duties so that is NOT an option.

1. Apply with current job letter. The job duties match 50% of what is written for my NOC. However, they use different wordings. Job letter does include a HR contact if CIC wants to call.

2. I wait for another year. Get a letter from my current employer that will be more aligned with the listed NOC job duties.

One important think If I get rejection in case 1 can I still re-apply next year? Will it be a bad thing if I get rejected in case 1?
Word to word is not required and not even recommended.

If 50-60 % job duties are matching, you are good.

Nishita0107

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018

Duties under the noc code are generic. Depending on your profession, they tend to vary a bit but the overall purpose of the role remains the same. I don't think there is a need for word to word and 100% match. If 60% of what you have under your duties matches the noc code you should be fine.

Margotte

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-02-2021
Hi Imacuser
My situation is pretty much the same than yours, I am planning to create my profile for EE, but my job duties do not match completely the ones of my NOC, although my boss can provide me a letter as complete as I need it, so I’m case to receive an ITA I am afraid my application could be rejected.
Could you please keep sharing how it worked for you? If you can let me know I will truthfully appreciate it.
Thanks in advance, I hope everything works out.

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Word to word is not required and not even recommended.

If 50-60 % job duties are matching, you are good.
Duties under the noc code are generic. Depending on your profession, they tend to vary a bit but the overall purpose of the role remains the same. I don't think there is a need for word to word and 100% match. If 60% of what you have under your duties matches the noc code you should be fine.
Thank you all for ur reply

What will happen if the CIC officer is not satisfied? Will their be any consequences like a mis-representation or a future ban?
If its a simple rejection I could re apply next year, otherwise I can wait and apply next year

Triupati.balagi

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Thank you all for ur reply

What will happen if the CIC officer is not satisfied? Will their be any consequences like a mis-representation or a future ban?
If its a simple rejection I could re apply next year, otherwise I can wait and apply next year
Duties in noc code mentioned in cic are general and also broader so you cannot mention everything. Para phrase the duties mentioned in the noc . Link the duties according to your employment . If you mention everything immigration officer may see it as negative because a person can handle limited work. 50% to 55% is good .

YOMIGANIYU001

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
NIGERIA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
application submitted...04.05.16, file number...05.05.16, sp2....15.05.16
Dear all, kindly assist to check if the My duties is good to go for Noc 1311, Accounting Technician and bookkeepers. Thank you all.

Main duties for NOC 1311(Accounting technician and bookkeepers)

Accounting technicians and bookkeepers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
• Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
• Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills
• Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
• Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
• Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports

My duties

• Acceptance of cash deposit/payment of cash and cheque
• Initiate collections and processing of cheque revenue (government and companies) and ensure all cash positions are balance before the close of business.
• Maintenance and ensure safe custody of bank Assets, such as registers, cheque and cash.
• Ensure compliance to the procedure and carry out every day call over activities to ensure control purpose.
• Provide reports on the performance and utilization of ATM machine.
• Ensure proper maintenance and filling of registers and requests.
• Provide reconciliation reports on all Accounts relate to ATM.
• Provide quick resolution of all dispense errors using I-Journal arbiter.

SanjL

Mar 2, 2019
Dear all, kindly assist to check if the My duties is good to go for Noc 1311, Accounting Technician and bookkeepers. Thank you all.

Main duties for NOC 1311(Accounting technician and bookkeepers)

Accounting technicians and bookkeepers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
• Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
• Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills
• Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents

My duties

• Acceptance of cash deposit/payment of cash and cheque
• Initiate collections and processing of cheque revenue (government and companies) and ensure all cash positions are balance before the close of business.
• Maintenance and ensure safe custody of bank Assets, such as registers, cheque and cash.
• Ensure compliance to the procedure and carry out every day call over activities to ensure control purpose.
• Provide reports on the performance and utilization of ATM machine.
• Ensure proper maintenance and filling of registers and requests.
• Provide reconciliation reports on all Accounts relate to ATM.
• Provide quick resolution of all dispense errors using I-Journal arbiter.
I am having the same situation like you. I am an accountant and I could matched mostly from this 1311 code though I am not sure that I am good to go or not. For the convenience I am posting my job responsibilities too:
· Maintaining daily expenses & Keeping record of the expenses

· Supporting my superiors in preparing budget if needed only.

· Prepare vouchers, bills, requisitions for expenses and other documents complying with project rules.

· Prepare VAT where necessary.

· Facing audits yearly

· Preparing financial report in excel on quarterly basis.

· Preparing journals, ledgers, cash book, salary register, bank reconciliation, etc.

· Prepare financial statements on yearly basis

· Attending meeting on accounting issues

Jun 16, 2019
The NOC I’m nominating (Business Analyst) is aligned with my job description. However, my current job title is Collections Control Manager. Will I have a a problem with this?

Kiranarora

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi i am wokring in a warehouse . My job title is Return coordinator.
Could any body help me to find out
These duties comes under which NOC code:

1. Manage the flow of return product to ensure the timely and accurate processing of merchandise through the logistics center
2. Leads all disposition related activities on a daily basis
3. Develop daily plans to ensure forecasts and productivity objectives are met
4. Completes shipments by processing and loading orders.
5 Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
6 Enforces inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
7. Manage assigned area and ensure all return orders are processed and dispositioned according to company standards
8 Provides quality service by following organization standards.
9 Preserves safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat.
10 Promotes clean shipping supply area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. 11 Completes reports by entering required information.
12 Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
13 Receiving and documenting merchandise for delivery or return
14 Keeping an inventory of all merchandise entering or exiting the warehouse
15. Identifying any missing lost or damaged materials and immediately notifies the manager. 16 Ensuring that all the merchandise is safely and securely packed and labelled for shipping.
17. Managing all merchandise with appropriate care.
18 Scanning labels to ensure products are shipped to the right destination.
19 Performing inventory checks of all stock and supplies every year.
20 Perform data entry duties in the input items received as returned.
21 Identifying, analyzing and addressing gaps in inventory processes.
22. Storing inventory in accessible manner.
23 Helping others to achieve results.
24. Performs all other related duties as assigned.

Pallvi Samrai

Nov 28, 2022
Hi everyone. . My job title is Finance coordinator.
These duties comes under which TEER code:
kindly assist to check if the My duties is good to go for TEER 12200, Accounting Technician and bookkeepers. Thank you all.

Main duties for TEER 12200(Accounting technician and bookkeepers)

My Job Duties :-
  • Posts all deposits to the general ledgers.
  • Enters, prints, and posts all cheques to the general ledger. Distributes cheques as required within the deadline required.
  • Balances each bank account within 30 days of the month end. Addresses any outstanding issues/errors and follows them up until they are resolved.
  • On a daily basis checks cash flow position of accounts (making use of TD Business Banking and CIBC online facilities) and makes appropriate transfer to or from the investment custodians.
  • Produces cheques list for each agenda as required by Sales & Service.
  • Maintains all files in regards to investment reports, bank statements, cancelled cheques, and paid invoices.
  • Assists with the annual audit working files.
  • Immediately notifies the bank of any problems with their assigned accounts and follows-up until the problem is resolved.
  • Works in a team with other members of the Finance Department, including providing coverage of accounts while the other incumbent is on vacation or absent.
  • Works overtime as required.
  • Informs manager of any problems or areas of concern that require special attention.
  • The above list of duties is not exhaustive. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as determined by Manager.
Please advise.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi everyone. . My job title is Finance coordinator.
These duties comes under which TEER code:
kindly assist to check if the My duties is good to go for TEER 12200, Accounting Technician and bookkeepers. Thank you all.

Main duties for TEER 12200(Accounting technician and bookkeepers)

My Job Duties :-
  • Posts all deposits to the general ledgers.
  • Enters, prints, and posts all cheques to the general ledger. Distributes cheques as required within the deadline required.
  • Balances each bank account within 30 days of the month end. Addresses any outstanding issues/errors and follows them up until they are resolved.
  • On a daily basis checks cash flow position of accounts (making use of TD Business Banking and CIBC online facilities) and makes appropriate transfer to or from the investment custodians.
  • Produces cheques list for each agenda as required by Sales & Service.
  • Maintains all files in regards to investment reports, bank statements, cancelled cheques, and paid invoices.
  • Assists with the annual audit working files.
  • Immediately notifies the bank of any problems with their assigned accounts and follows-up until the problem is resolved.
  • Works in a team with other members of the Finance Department, including providing coverage of accounts while the other incumbent is on vacation or absent.
  • Works overtime as required.
  • Informs manager of any problems or areas of concern that require special attention.
  • The above list of duties is not exhaustive. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as determined by Manager.
Please advise.
Yes, TEER 12200 looks good on your profile.

Feb 22, 2023
Please help!

My education background is B.Com and strategic Management but I work as a First Aid Instructor.

I’ve applied my file with the Noc 43109 (Other Instructors)

Thee index of titles mentions First Aid Instructor but there is no explanation of this position in the main duties. Do you think it’s the right Noc?

Main duties written under Noc 43109 :
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Driving instructors

• Instruct individuals on proper motor vehicle driving skills and traffic regulations
  • Demonstrate and explain the handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles
  • Supervise individuals during practice driving.
Driver's licence examiners
  • Conduct road test examinations
  • Evaluate the driving ability of applicants for driver's licences.
Sewing instructors
  • Give instruction to students in techniques and skills of sewing, tailoring and dressmaking.
Modelling instructors
  • Give instruction on modelling techniques for fashion shows and magazine advertising.

These are my main duties :

• Teaching first aid courses to various people in a range of environments such as offices and community centres.
• Teaching cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and basic life support skills to participants/trainees.
• Introducing various pieces of first aid equipment and demonstrated their operation.
• Demonstrating first aid methods and life-saving techniques in emergency situations.
• Organising training course times and venues.
• Supervising trainees during mock first-aid drills and practice training during the first aid course.
• Answering questions, providing information, and clearing doubts of participants regarding emergency situations.
• Assessing the trainees’ ability to deliver CPR and first response care before issuing them with a certification.
• Keeping training resources and equipment clean and maintained.
• Monitoring the outcomes of the training courses that were delivered.