+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC is OK, but what if my line of work is impossible to be done full time?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Sorry about the late reply guys,

in term of preparing, I studied the format since I didnt want to get confused and thats all I practiced.

MrBeakster: You could use your non-full time hours to apply for residency if you have reached the required hours.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Also check out the IELTS forum here, they have lots of free IELTS books

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/download-ielts-books-for-free-t54324.0.html

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrBeakster said:
But how did actors and other performers do it? To base in Canada and work part-time with multiple employers? Now that's a mystery! Can anyone shed some light on those entertainment people?
Their employers get LMOs for them in the Entertainment section.

lamlam73

Feb 15, 2021
Hello all, I am also fall into #5232 catagory but with over 10 years oversea experience. (I am intend to move to Canada, might be through study) Can you guys give me advise of how specifically I should get prove from all the clients (parttime/freelance)? And on top, of I go find job in Canada, is it a must to take the same NOC job?

lamlam73

Feb 15, 2021
Hello,

I'm currently on my post-graduate work permit right now with about 6 months left. I am going to apply for CEC but it is the work experience part that puzzles me. Right now, I'm working as a mascot character performer working on freelance basis as well as multiple part-time mascot jobs for various organizations (such as local attraction and sport team). I also do mascot training and consulting on the side, too. I have been doing this for more than a year now. My NOC would be 5232 in skill level B which is great. The problem is that the nature of this job will in no way be done in the traditional full-time capacity (as there are no such performer that perform 40 hours especially that most work are seasonal and on weekends). In addition, I am also looking at the self-employed business class option but I won't be able to get that 2 years requirement if I have to stop working after my PGWP expires. I have good standing with all my employers and clients and I really want to keep all the jobs I have. As for asking for work permit, my employer refuses to issue the LMO as my position is considered casual and I can't get another open work permit for freelancing.

My question is that will they take one year of experience if full time position in my line of work does not exist? (even with all works combined)

Thanks.
Can I know how everything goes on your side at last?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all, I am also fall into #5232 catagory but with over 10 years oversea experience. (I am intend to move to Canada, might be through study) Can you guys give me advise of how specifically I should get prove from all the clients (parttime/freelance)? And on top, of I go find job in Canada, is it a must to take the same NOC job?
Assume you have your ECAs and IELTS completed since you are asking about employment. If you were freelance you need to show receipts, invoices, business transactions, letters from clients, letter from employers, bank statements etc. These statements should include salary and hours worked. All on the website. If you immigrate you can do whatever job you want.

lamlam73

Feb 15, 2021
Assume you have your ECAs and IELTS completed since you are asking about employment. If you were freelance you need to show receipts, invoices, business transactions, letters from clients, letter from employers, bank statements etc. These statements should include salary and hours worked. All on the website. If you immigrate you can do whatever job you want.
Thank you Naturgrl, I assume you understand the procedure very well, can I ask you more questions through inbox? I wasn't able to send you message because I am a newbie here

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
I just checked up the processing time and its been pushed to 15 months instead of 9 months which sucks since when I check my application status all it says is application received and then medical received im not sure if they have begun processing the application.......

Anyways to answer your question
I took the exam here in Toronto at http://www.ieltstoronto.com/ and just to quote "The IELTS test has four parts – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Candidates must do all four parts to receive an IELTS result. The total test time is 2 hours and 45 minutes."

I got R:8,L7.5,S:8,W:8 I wouldnt say I am superior in English but I am alright so the test was fairly simple, its not the test content itself but just the format for example for the listening exam the audio is played through a speaker in a class of 20 and only once you have to listen to it and write down the answers to four section just dont get overwhelmed.

As for writing, I was asked to write a letter to a banquette hall to book a room with my own requests I dont remember the other section Sorry. The instructor will give you a topic and about 2 min for you to prepare and then you talk my topic was are public figures (music artists,actor) good role models.

Here are some links to help you which I used, the second and third link gives you lots of practice exams

http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free-practice-tests.html

http://www.ielts-exam.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=7&id=20&Itemid=69

I also used http://www.examenglish.com/IELTS/IELTS_general_reading1.htm
How did you get 8 in writing and 7.5 in L?
I worked for 3 months with a one-on-one teacher to only focus on my writing.
And I got R:8.5 L:9 S:7 W:7.5 .. didnt work on R and L at all, writing is exclusively difficult to get high scores..