+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Guidance

TK.

Jul 17, 2018
Hi All,

Posting in the forum for the first time. I am planning on creating EE profile soon after I get my ECA done from WES. I have some confusions regarding the NOC selection and wanted to get guidance.

I am currently on a secondment to a different country within the same group of companies in South Asia for the last year. My current job duties (past 1 year) doesn't has a good match with the NOC's available. However my previous employment (5 years before that) has a good match with 'Finance Managers' Description. Before that I also had several years of experience in two other organizations. Additional information, I am quite certain of managing experience letter from my previous supervisor (5 years) but uncertain on the current one.

My questions are:

i) Given the above context - should I mention my current job? This is not adding to my required job experience or NOC. Then again I want to be fully transparent.

ii) Is it ok if I mention all my jobs but give experience letter only for the one I am showing as NOC? Or do I need to give experience letter for all the jobs mentioned?

iii) Along the same line, for my first two jobs (3 years and 1.5 years) I have the generic experience letter from those employers but don’t think I will be able to manage letters in specific format – given much time has passed and also my supervisors are not within the organization. Will those letter be sufficient (last designation and dates mentioned only) or should I exclude the jobs altogether.

Thanks for the support.

TK.

Mkaur_ghotra

Apr 19, 2018
Gurugram, India
Category........
Hi, have a similar query. We have already submitted our application with all offer letters and relieving letters. However, we did not attached job responsibilities letter because it’s not easy to receive from employer. Our consultant guided us that reputed company’s offer letter suffice and no need for job responsibilities letter.

Though I am not fully going by his words but at the same time can’t do anything since application has already submitted. Can someone share their thoughts?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
you can use any job within the past 10 yrs as primary NOC if it is continuous for 1 yr or more. you need to show 3 yrs total exp to gain max points. rest of the exp can be put in personal history and you dont need to provide exp letters for these.

TK.

Jul 17, 2018
you can use any job within the past 10 yrs as primary NOC if it is continuous for 1 yr or more. you need to show 3 yrs total exp to gain max points. rest of the exp can be put in personal history and you dont need to provide exp letters for these.
Thanks a lot!! In total do i need to show 6 years (3 years for CRS) only? Can i skip last job?

TK.

Jul 17, 2018
yes 1 yr continuous in primary NOC and 3 yrs total. you dont need to 6 yrs. put your last job in personal history.
Thanks a lot. Sorry for asking (hopefully last, just making sure) this (again) - I don't need to provide experience letters for the ones i don't show as NOC/ put in personal history right?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks a lot. Sorry for asking (hopefully last, just making sure) this (again) - I don't need to provide experience letters for the ones i don't show as NOC/ put in personal history right?
right, you dont need to provide exp letters for personal history.