+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for Managerial position performing Engineering work

Preston_Cleric

Apr 11, 2020
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is safe and sound with this pandemic going around.

I find myself in a slightly confusing situation.

I started a new job recently where though my designation is that of a Deputy Manager, I perform the roles of a Process Engineer, specifically satisfying the requirements of NOC 2141 - Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers. Also, currently I'm not managing anyone as no one is working under me (this might change in the coming months, where one person might report to me).

So, I wanted to know if I can select NOC 2141 as it satisfies most of the activities I do in my current job or should I go for NOC 0211 - Engineering Managers, based on my designation and also as the description for that NOC does not explicitly list number of years as a requirement. My total professional experience is only of 3 years, so I feel it does not qualify for a position as high as that of a Manager.

If there is an NOC code which satisfies my situation better than the ones listed above, please let me know!

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is safe and sound with this pandemic going around.

I find myself in a slightly confusing situation.

I started a new job recently where though my designation is that of a Deputy Manager, I perform the roles of a Process Engineer, specifically satisfying the requirements of NOC 2141 - Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers. Also, currently I'm not managing anyone as no one is working under me (this might change in the coming months, where one person might report to me).

So, I wanted to know if I can select NOC 2141 as it satisfies most of the activities I do in my current job or should I go for NOC 0211 - Engineering Managers, based on my designation and also as the description for that NOC does not explicitly list number of years as a requirement. My total professional experience is only of 3 years, so I feel it does not qualify for a position as high as that of a Manager.

If there is an NOC code which satisfies my situation better than the ones listed above, please let me know!

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Try to match your duties with the ones proposed by IRCC if you haven't already.

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Home/Welcome/4d655901c5a8499d8af705bb2a3aee03?GoCTemplateCulture=en-CA

Reactions: Preston_Cleric