+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for Instructional Designer - HELP!

akshita_90

May 21, 2018
Hi,

Could someone pls help me with the NOC for an Instructional Designer. I am in a fix and not able to figure it out. I already have my ITA and really crunched on time as it is under express entry. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Akshita Kumaria

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,

Could someone pls help me with the NOC for an Instructional Designer. I am in a fix and not able to figure it out. I already have my ITA and really crunched on time as it is under express entry. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Akshita Kumaria
How did you get an ITA without mentioning NOC in Express Entry profile?

akshita_90

May 21, 2018
I filled in 4166 as my NOC then... But, I am still confused if that is the correct one for my profile therefore seeking help

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I filled in 4166 as my NOC then... But, I am still confused if that is the correct one for my profile therefore seeking help
What are you job responsibilities? I may be able to find your NOC.

akshita_90

May 21, 2018
Hi,

Thank you so much!
Some of my roles and responsibilities on the job are as follows:
· Planning, designing, developing, and delivering sustainable strategic training and instructional programs, using multimedia training methods and formats for the client.

· Applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods and working with subject matter experts and identifying target audience’s training needs

· Visualizing instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product and deciding on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments

· Maintaining project documentation and course folders

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,

Thank you so much!
Some of my roles and responsibilities on the job are as follows:
· Planning, designing, developing, and delivering sustainable strategic training and instructional programs, using multimedia training methods and formats for the client.

· Applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods and working with subject matter experts and identifying target audience’s training needs

· Visualizing instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product and deciding on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments

· Maintaining project documentation and course folders
4166 is good for this Job.

akshita_90

May 21, 2018
Hi Akshita,

Any updates ? I am also an instructional designer and would be helpful to know if 4166 is the right code for ID role ?
Hi Abhishek,

Yup 4166 is the one. I got my PR approved on the same so you can definitely go with it. Though you might not find ID job postings in the job Bank with this code but worry not, atleast your application won't be rejected.

Regards,
Akshita

abhishek93116

Sep 1, 2018
Hi Abhishek,

Yup 4166 is the one. I got my PR approved on the same so you can definitely go with it. Though you might not find ID job postings in the job Bank with this code but worry not, atleast your application won't be rejected.

Regards,
Akshita
Great!!

Thank you so much !!

Jan 25, 2020
Hi

I am a Senior Strategic Design Consultant with Boston Consulting Group.
My role comprises the below - Instructional design + UX + Ethnography + Design strategy.
Some of the roles & responsibilities from the BCG Website -
Working with cross functional teams around human-centered design (HCD) and UX/UI in order to develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations and understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs, and aspirations. You’ll identify insights from customer research and market analysis and bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories, and scenarios—and finally through conceptual design work.

I think it should it be in 1122 (Management Consulting) since it's more of a PMO & strategic role but thoroughly confused

juergens12

Jun 23, 2020
I have been working as an instructional designer and/or in an instructional support role for 10+ years. There really does not seem to be a NOC for this specific job, yet there are a lot of people employed as such. As a US citizen I see that 4166 is acceptable as a NAFTA candidate, yet what I see in the description of 4166 is not an exact match. Close, but is it enough?