+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for Engineers in Training

hsocs_12

Nov 21, 2018
Hi All,
The NOC that best matches my job duties is NOC 2131-Civil Engineers. My job title is Engineer, Roadways and Transportation. However, I am not sure if I should apply under NOC 2131 because I'm not a P.Eng yet. I got my engineering degree in Canada and im registered as an Engineer in Training with APEGS.
I talked to an immigration consultant and she told me that I should use NOC 2231- Civil technologists and technicians instead, because I do not have my P.Eng designation. I was told my application will get refused if I apply as a "Civil engineer" when I do not have my P.Eng licence yet. Is this true?
Has anyone faced the same dilemma?

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
Hi All,
The NOC that best matches my job duties is NOC 2131-Civil Engineers. My job title is Engineer, Roadways and Transportation. However, I am not sure if I should apply under NOC 2131 because I'm not a P.Eng yet. I got my engineering degree in Canada and im registered as an Engineer in Training with APEGS.
I talked to an immigration consultant and she told me that I should use NOC 2231- Civil technologists and technicians instead, because I do not have my P.Eng designation. I was told my application will get refused if I apply as a "Civil engineer" when I do not have my P.Eng licence yet. Is this true?
Has anyone faced the same dilemma?

You do not need to have a P..Eng to use that NOC. I am still an EIT and I used NOC 2141.

Reactions: jes_ON

hsocs_12

Nov 21, 2018
You do not need to have a P..Eng to use that NOC. I am still an EIT and I used NOC 2141.
Thanks for your response, I have additional questions
Did you get your PR?
I was thinking to upload my engineering degree and mi EIT certificate in the same pdf file, would that be enough?
Do I need to mention somewhere that my direct supervisor is a P.Eng?

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
Thanks for your response, I have additional questions
Did you get your PR?
I was thinking to upload my engineering degree and mi EIT certificate in the same pdf file, would that be enough?
Do I need to mention somewhere that my direct supervisor is a P.Eng?
i am still awaiting for PR. However, my eligibility has been passed.
You need to upload your engineering degree under Education. EIT certificate is not necessary. Neither do you need to mention that your supervisor is a P.Eng.

You just need to make sure that the job letter has duties that match the list of responsibilities/duties under your claimed NOC.

hsocs_12

Nov 21, 2018
i am still awaiting for PR. However, my eligibility has been passed.
You need to upload your engineering degree under Education. EIT certificate is not necessary. Neither do you need to mention that your supervisor is a P.Eng.

You just need to make sure that the job letter has duties that match the list of responsibilities/duties under your claimed NOC.
Does your job title mention that you are an EIT ( i.e Industrial Engineer in Training)?
According to the National Occupational Classification : Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
Since I am not stating in my letter that I "approve drawings" or that I hold P.eng licence, I think I am safe, right?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
According to the National Occupational Classification : Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
Since I am not stating in my letter that I "approve drawings" or that I hold P.eng licence, I think I am safe, right?
Correct.

daninmotion

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Calgary
Category........
WP
Does your job title mention that you are an EIT ( i.e Industrial Engineer in Training)?
Hello, were you OK in your PR process? I am in a similar situation where I am not registered as an Engineer in Alberta but received a nomination from the province under 21300 (Civil Engineer)

Daman123

Nov 3, 2023
This was really helpful. I am a Mechanical engineer registered as EIT with EGBC and APEGS. Now, I am Planning to Apply for PR under TEER code 21301. I hope there won't be any problem.