25-01-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2016
LANDED..........
01-08-2016
Hi,

My job duty mainly involves extracting data from database and carry out data mining and analysis to provide insight to business users

May I check what would be the suitable NOC for such job description? Would 2172 - Database analysts and data administrators be a suitable NOC?

Thank you!

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
NOC code is independent of Job designations. NOC code depends on the matching up of a candidate's job duties with the job duties of a particular NOC code. There should be atleast 60 to 70% match between your duties and those mentioned in a particular NOC. Once you identify this code, then it becomes your intended NOC code for Canada immigration.

If you job duties match up with 2172, only then it becomes your NOC code.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
liambll said:
Hi,

My job duty mainly involves extracting data from database and carry out data mining and analysis to provide insight to business users

May I check what would be the suitable NOC for such job description? Would 2172 - Database analysts and data administrators be a suitable NOC?

Thank you!
e-mail to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca with your duties and responsibilities, they will help you find the closest fit.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
liambll said:
Hi,

If you type in "analyst" to search the NOC database, you'll see that there are LOTs of NOCs with analysts, but you have to be more specific about the kind of data you are analyzing...

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=analyst

liambll

Mar 22, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Singapore?
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2016
LANDED..........
01-08-2016
andy108 said:
e-mail to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca with your duties and responsibilities, they will help you find the closest fit.
Thanks a lot. I didn't know such help is available :)

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
I also work in the field of data analytics, I thought the closest category to my job description was NOC code 2161. I sent an email with my job descriptions/duties to NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca, and they replied:

Good day,

Based on the information that you have provided, the following National Occupational Classification (NOC) code may be appropriate for the occupation that you described.

NOC code 2161 - Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries:
www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2161

In addition, please note that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate National Occupational Classification (NOC) code is each individual's responsibility as they know their education, skills and abilities better than anyone else. However, the ultimate decision remains the responsibility of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as they are the only ones who have the authority to determine if the information provided meets their criteria.

Our role is only to provide guidance.
I am planning to attach this letter to my application once I received my ITA. Hope this helps.

sidhu0007

Dec 7, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I need help to understand do a MCA with 4 years of experience in teaching required B.ed for eligibility for express entry in Canada.
Because under NOC:4031 and 4032 , it shows Bachelor of education is required, any help will be appreciated.

THanks
Jatinder Singh

Reddiered07

May 3, 2018
I also work in the field of data analytics, I thought the closest category to my job description was NOC code 2161. I sent an email with my job descriptions/duties to NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca, and they replied:

I am planning to attach this letter to my application once I received my ITA. Hope this helps.
Hi, I hope you are in canada as a permanent resident by now. Can you please help me with providing the reference letter format if you have any? I have been working in the data analytics field in India for the past 6 years.

Thanks

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
Hi, I hope you are in canada as a permanent resident by now. Can you please help me with providing the reference letter format if you have any? I have been working in the data analytics field in India for the past 6 years.

Thanks

Hi Reddiered07,

I am CEC inland and worked in data analytics for the past 5 years. My reference letter does not state in detail my job duties since my employer -Canadian university- provided the job description of my position, which includes a summary, detailed duties and qualifications required.

neoprime1989

Mar 4, 2018
Dear Andy

I sent my JD and duties to the email address that you mentioned, but i received the following reply from them saying that email account is no longer monitored.

"Warning! This email account is no longer monitored.

Thank you for contacting the Division of Information on careers and the labor market (WSI). This is an automated response. Please note that this email account is no longer monitored.

If you wish to contact us, please post a message using the form below: http://www1.canada.ca/fr/contact/cnp.html ."

Then I posted a message (using the form given by the above blue color URL) mentioning my duties and requested assistance to find a NOC code that matches my JD. But they just sent details about NOC from canada.ca website.

Is there any other method that I can know my NOC code ?

Really appreciate your help !

Thanks

sachin_35

Jan 17, 2021
Hi,

Thank you!
Hi liambll, My job duty is same as yours and I use QlikView, QlikSense and Tableau for the mentioned duty. Which NOC should I chose? Which NOC you chose in your EE application.

Thanks,
Sachin