+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for Assistant Cost manager and Cost control engineer

arbj

May 15, 2013
I am confused about the NOC I have to choose.
Following are my duties for
1.Assistant cost manager:
Assist the Cost manager to prepare cost estimate for design options and prepare detailed cost plan
Assistance in Value engineering of design options
Review of quantities and prepare Bills of Quantities
Prepare tender documents, assist the client in drawing up list of contractors, issue and receive tenders
Assist the Cost manager to prepare pre-bid estimate / priced BOQ prior to tender opening
Review comparisons and issuing to clients, advise client on payment terms and conditions
Attending to negotiation meetings and Finalizing rates with contractors review tender report
Draft letter of award and compile contract documents
Cash flow projection and assist in the financial control.
Tracking budget position and give periodic reports/alerts
Prepare monthly cost reports and budget reconciliation
Maintain threats and opportunities schedules
Review interim valuations for payment for Contractors
Manage costs, assess all variations and extra works
Analyse and report on any contractual claims
Attend site meetings
Analysis of Rates for all Schedules of items from First Principles.
Interaction with vendors, contractors, consultants, engineers to get price feedback / inputs from market.
Cost tracking and review physical measurements of quantities for contractors
2.Cost Control Engineer:
Track project cost in comparison with the budget
Analyse variance in costs of the project and identify trends and deviations
Perform project costing related reporting to the team and managements review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget
Report profitability of different activities with respect to budget and supply updated unit rates for different activities to the tendering team
Reconcile major materials on a monthly basis
Attend to the needs of any other special report and/or analysis requested by the higher management
Monitor, analyse all cost elements on the project as per budget
Prepare spreadsheets to analyse revenue, budget and costs
Provide and review monthly costing report
Estimate costs by using contract terms

Anyone who has any idea please respond

crazetal2000

Oct 12, 2020
I have the same issue, I graduated Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, my previous experience from 3 different company was site engineer/field engineer and civil engineer which all falls for noc 2131, but my current job is a cost control engineer under project management team, I dont know if I can also use the noc for 2131 in my current position.

Mr.Gazzz

Nov 16, 2022
Hello guys,
Did you manage to get your PR, I am in the same situation. Any suggestions which NOC code is relevant for me?

Feb 8, 2022
Hi Guys,

did you sort this? I am in the EE pool with NOC 22302 Industrial Engineer buy my current job position is COst controller so not sure if use other NOC.

If someone can help please

regards