+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Experience confusion

tahiryusaf

Jan 29, 2017
Hi

I am Mechanical Engineer by education, but have been working as Technical Laboratory coordinator for a University, which do include some of Mechanical Engineering job duties listed (Installation, maintenance, SOP of machines etc.). These labs are mechanical labs which house Materials Testing Machines and Rapid Manufacturing machines (3D Printing, thermoforming, injection molding etc). I have more than three years of experience in this field.

My job duties also include research and teaching undergrad students (Cannot apply as lecturer or professor as I only have Bachelors degree) .

I have been advised to apply as a Mechanical Engineer (my supervisor has agreed to give me the letter) as my job duties correspond to Mechanical Engineer as well and only Mechanical Engineers can hold this position.

I need advise if this path is the best one with regards to NOC or should I look for another one?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
tahiryusaf said:
Your current NOC will also be good as your job duties should be same as listed, designation can sometimes vary but job duties should be same.
you can also try applying as a research assistant or teaching assistant, if your lab is associated with some educational instituition like University etc.,you don't need master degree for that as far as i know and your duties are also same. please check cic site to verify details of the same.

tahiryusaf

Jan 29, 2017
gurik said:
Your current NOC will also be good as your job duties should be same as listed, designation can sometimes vary but job duties should be same.
you can also try applying as a research assistant or teaching assistant, if your lab is associated with some educational instituition like University etc.,you don't need master degree for that as far as i know and your duties are also same. please check cic site to verify details of the same.
Thank you so much for the help. Yeah I will check those NOCs out as well.

Regards,