+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC duties very similar! Help!

kas44

Jul 4, 2019
Hi everyone! I'd really appreciate some help on this one. It's to do with my NOC. My NOC for my 1 year work experience in Canada was 0601. However it was quite difficult getting a reference letter due to current circumstances. So when I got the letter back it seems that some of the duties were copied and pasted from the NOC guide. I know this is frowned upon but there has been some other duties put in there too. I just wanted to run it past you guys to see if it'd be okay:

So the NOC site states the duties as:

• Plan direct and evaluate the activities of sales departments in commercial, industrial, wholesale and retail and other establishments
  • Organize regional and divisional sales operations
  • Establish organizational policies and procedures in relation to sales
  • Determine strategic planning related to new product lines
  • Lead sales team in building relationships with business clients and manage negotiations of sales contracts
  • Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
  • May work with the marketing department to understand and communicate marketing messages to the field.

and my letter says the following:

• Set sales targets and specific performance metrics, aligned with business strategies.
  • Organize regional and divisional sales operations
  • Establish organizational policies and procedures in relation to sales
  • Develop and manage new and existing platform accounts
  • Determine strategic planning related to new product lines
  • Lead sales team in building relationships with business clients and manage negotiations of sales contracts
  • Communicate with clients at a senior level to resolve issues and inquiries
  • work with the marketing department to understand and communicate marketing messages to the field.

I'm just a bit concerned it's too similar as I've heard stories on both sides of applications being rejected and approved with this having happened. Just want to make sure before I finally submit my application.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you! :)