Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hi,I please help me here.

I worked for two offices. The first one for 11 months and current one for 2years &1 month. That makes it 3 years in total.

My employment letter from first job states only 3 points under duties and responsibilities. However, the NOC I claimed for states a total of 7 points. So, its less than 50 percent match as only 3 out of 7 given duties are matching.

I cannot claim anymore duties from that list. I am an architect and used 2151 code. There is no other possible NOC code for me also. They have written a line in the NOC code before coming to the duties saying- " An Architect performs some or all of the following duties".

What can be done other than requesting my ex-boss to add points? He is a really mean person and no matter what happens, he won't help me. This job's duration was 11 months only.

Last edited:

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
My employment letter from first job states only 3 points under duties and responsibilities. However, the NOC I claimed for states a total of 7 points. So, its less than 50 percent match.
You do not have to perform every task that is mentioned in the NOC generator. It's a guide.

Reactions: Karan469

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
You do not have to perform every task that is mentioned in the NOC generator. It's a guide.
So it's fine according to you? Many people are saying on this forum that more than 60 percent duties must match. That really made me worried.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
So it's fine according to you? Many people are saying on this forum that more than 60 percent duties must match. That really made me worried.
Suppose you have 8 duties mentioned in experience.
3 match your NOC
3 match another NOC
Rest 2 are from 2 different NOCs
You can choose from first two NOCs in this case even though less than 50% duties match.
This makes it a weak case.
If you had 5 out 8 duties matching with NOC, it'd be great.

In your case, 3 out of 3 duties are matching, 100%. Should not be a problem.
If the experience certificate looks small, ask the boss to throw in a random duty, albeit close to your actual duties. That'll still be a 75% match.

All this is my opinion BTW, I'm not an expert, nor have I been through this. Wait for other opinions before acting.
@legalfalcon @ContactFront

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Suppose you have 8 duties mentioned in experience.
3 match your NOC
3 match another NOC
Rest 2 are from 2 different NOCs
You can choose from first two NOCs in this case even though less than 50% duties match.
This makes it a weak case.
If you had 5 out 8 duties matching with NOC, it'd be great.

In your case, 3 out of 3 duties are matching, 100%. Should not be a problem.
If the experience certificate looks small, ask the boss to throw in a random duty, albeit close to your actual duties. That'll still be a 75% match.

All this is my opinion BTW, I'm not an expert, nor have I been through this. Wait for other opinions before acting.
@legalfalcon @
No. Only 3 out of 7 duties are matching in my case.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
No. Only 3 out of 7 duties are matching in my case.
You were given 7 duties in total?
Or NOC generator shows there could be 7 duties you'd have performed.
If it's the latter, you don't need to worry.
Otherwise wait and seek advice.

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
You were given 7 duties in total?
Or NOC generator shows there could be 7 duties you'd have performed.
If it's the latter, you don't need to worry.
Otherwise wait and seek advice.
NOC code for Architects mentions 7 duties and responsibilities. But my ex-boss didn't allow me to put more than 3 of those 7 points in my reference letter.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
NOC code for Architects mentions 7 duties and responsibilities. But my ex-boss didn't allow me to put more than 3 of those 7 points in my reference letter.
It is really hard to give an opinion about this without seeing those 3 duties and responsibilities - feel free to post them here so that the discussion can have some substance.

There is no requirement to have the same number of duties listed in your letter as in the NOC - just that the duties you do have correspond with those in the NOC.

Sometimes 3 duties are enough, but usually, IRCC would like to see a couple more. You claim there is no other possible NOC other than 2151 and that may be true in your occupation, esp. if you can produce some kind of certification/license. But there is also NOC 2252, so the duties should be clear enough for the VO to be able to distinguish between the two.

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
It is really hard to give an opinion about this without seeing those 3 duties and responsibilities - feel free to post them here so that the discussion can have some substance.

There is no requirement to have the same number of duties listed in your letter as in the NOC - just that the duties you do have correspond with those in the NOC.

Sometimes 3 duties are enough, but usually, IRCC would like to see a couple more. You claim there is no other possible NOC other than 2151 and that may be true in your occupation, esp. if you can produce some kind of certification/license. But there is also NOC 2252, so the duties should be clear enough for the VO to be able to distinguish between the two.
Points mentioned on my reference letter-
1. Assistance in concepts and design development.
2. Preparation of 3d views and presentation for clients.
3. Preparation of working drawings, construction details, specifications and construction documents.

Points mentioned in NOC code 2151 -
  • Consult with clients to determine the type, style and purpose of renovations or new building construction being considered
  • Conceptualize and design buildings and develop plans describing design specifications, building materials, costs and construction schedules
  • Prepare sketches and models for clients
  • Prepare or supervise the preparation of drawings, specifications and other construction documents for use by contractors and tradespersons
  • Prepare bidding documents, participate in contract negotiations and award construction contracts
  • Monitor activities on construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications
  • Conduct feasibility studies and financial analyses of building projects.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
The experience certificate duties cover almost everything from NOC description.
I think you must not worry.

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19

Just checked 2252 NOC.
Terms like construction documents, construction details and working drawings (mentioned in the 3rd point of my letter) are not matching with NOC 2252. Though I was close

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Sorry, typo - 2251 - Architectural technologists and technicians
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=2251

Based on your 3 duties, I think 2251 is your best NOC.
@jes_ON

But the employment requirements vary in these two. I had a bachelor's degree in architecture when I worked there. For Architectural technologist's job degree is not needed.
Do you think they will consider this?

Architects and Architectural technologist's are actually very close jobs. It's just that Architectural technologist's don't have 5 year bachelor's degree in architecture. They do diploma in Architecture.

My job letter mentions my designation as Architect and the NOC code 2151.

Last edited: