+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Confusion

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Hello people,

I have claimed work experience points for NOC 4012 as I was working as a Research Assistant. Can anyone here verify whether my job duties are sufficient enough to claim points for NOC 4012 or not? I heard that at least 70% of job duties should be matched.

– Assist research team with recruiting and enrolling clients for participation in the research project according to the study protocol.

– Interview client and collect data through questionnaire and focus group discussions.

– Enter research data into an electronic database; conduct data analyses using SPSS, SAS, and STATA and report results to the principal investigator.

– Implement data management tasks (e.g. merging, recoding, rearranging), as needed, to facilitate data analysis.

– Conduct systematic literature reviews; assist in the preparation of project proposals and research manuscripts to be submitted for publication and/or presentation.

– Prepare and maintain detailed records, logs and summary reports of all procedures and results including graphs, scientific calculations, and statistical analysis charting.

– Organize and manage all related documentation effectively, both electronically and hard copy as needed.

– Set up, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.

redwitch1987

Aug 31, 2012
Hello people,

I have claimed work experience points for NOC 4012 as I was working as a Research Assistant. Can anyone here verify whether my job duties are sufficient enough to claim points for NOC 4012 or not? I heard that at least 70% of job duties should be matched.

– Assist research team with recruiting and enrolling clients for participation in the research project according to the study protocol.

– Interview client and collect data through questionnaire and focus group discussions.

– Enter research data into an electronic database; conduct data analyses using SPSS, SAS, and STATA and report results to the principal investigator.

– Implement data management tasks (e.g. merging, recoding, rearranging), as needed, to facilitate data analysis.

– Conduct systematic literature reviews; assist in the preparation of project proposals and research manuscripts to be submitted for publication and/or presentation.

– Prepare and maintain detailed records, logs and summary reports of all procedures and results including graphs, scientific calculations, and statistical analysis charting.

– Organize and manage all related documentation effectively, both electronically and hard copy as needed.

– Set up, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
Hi I am also confused about the same. I have research experience but not teaching experience. Did you apply with 4012 NOC? My duties are similar to yours?