+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC confusion

CanBeThere

Jun 23, 2016
Hello forum,

I was helping out a friend with some things regarding EE and I noticed she can't match her job duties to a relevant NOC code.

Her job duties are pretty much the same as "0122 Banking, credit and other investment managers" but she is not a 'manager' but an associate (Manager is the next title though)

I was wondering if we go with 0122 but the title appearing on reference letters would be associate so will that create problems?

I have skimmed other codes (like 6235 and 6551) but the job duties are not a match with these. :-\

Thank you.

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
CanBeThere said:
Hello forum,

I was helping out a friend with some things regarding EE and I noticed she can't match her job duties to a relevant NOC code.

Her job duties are pretty much the same as "0122 Banking, credit and other investment managers" but she is not a 'manager' but an associate (Manager is the next title though)

I was wondering if we go with 0122 but the title appearing on reference letters would be associate so will that create problems?

I have skimmed other codes (like 6235 and 6551) but the job duties are not a match with these. :-\

Thank you.
send an email to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca asking for your correct NOC

include in your email the following:

1. your current exact job title

2. a detailed description of your main duties;

3. the education and work experience required by the employer for entry into your occupation; and

4. the type of establishment in which the work is performed.

they will revert to you in a few days.

i got my reply the next day.

good luck !!