+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC confusion for Lab Supervisor. Please help!!

Jan 31, 2016
Hi Awesome People,

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year in advance!!

I am a graduate from university of Waterloo in Chemical engineering and have got 17 months of overseas experience and recently have been employed in Canada with a building material and asphalt manufacturing company as a Lab Supervisor. I now intend to apply for EE as i have all the necessary points, however, i am confused about the NOC. My job title is Lab Supervisor and duties are:

Safety Leadership

• Being a safety leader, proactively act in eliminating/controlling risk, and lead and inspire the department by example.
  • Ensure communication of safety requirements as it relates to other site employees.
Operational
  • Quality control through the active testing of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods
  • Design and development of asphalt products to service our customers’ needs (design aggregate skeleton of the various mix types, i.e. Marshall, Superpave, SMA, OGFC, etc.)
  • Responsible for the testing, evaluation and preparation of the above noted mix design types
  • Responsible for the testing and evaluation of asphalt cement rheology properties
  • Assist with a focus on the optimization of mix designs and ensuring production costs are kept to a minimum
  • Work collaboratively with the Operations Manager as well as production staff in various technical functions in the operations
  • Solid team member within the business unit, flexible with regards to hours of work
  • Maintain quality as per specification requirements
  • Accurate and on-time reports
  • Maintain and develop strong working relationship with customers and/or representatives
Personnel
  • Supervise, train, and act as mentor to other asphalt lab technicians within the business unit
  • Develop a positive team environment by promoting the ACE values.
  • Organizes lab manpower to best suit the department’s requirements.
  • Remove any roadblocks to ensure lab employees are working efficiently and effectively.
  • Defines objectives for the lab employees and carry out the necessary performance reviews.
  • Promote quality of work and motivates personnel.
Specific Accountabilities
  • Ensure compliance with all Safety Policies and Regulations
  • Ensure that quality meets specifications and customer expectations
  • Ensure accurate and on-time reporting
  • Ensure that expectations are clearly defined to technicians
Relationship With Other Jobs
  • Reports to Director of Quality for Pave Performance
  • Number of Direct Reports: 3-4
Qualification Profile

Education

• Completion of Chemical Technology or Civil Technical Program preferred
Experience And Skill Set
  • Technically sound in all facets of asphalt hot mix quality control and quality assurance testing
  • Strong working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and Power Point
  • Familiar with Occupational Health & Safety requirements and safe work procedures
  • Minimum of three years supervisory experience preferred
  • Believe in continuous improvement and will act accordingly.
  • Have the ability to promote and drive change effectively.
  • Have excellent communication skills.
  • Be a team player, positive and with a can-do attitude.
  • Be able to perform with minimal supervision.
  • Enjoy analyzing situations and making decisions accordingly.
  • Have a friendly and constructive customer service attitude.
  • Have the ability to motivate, energize and inspire teams.
  • Have working knowledge of computer based applications (MS Office, SAP, Kronos, etc.).
  • Have good conflict resolution, coaching and training skills
I believe my NOC falls either in 2211 or 9212 code, however i am confused. My previous job NOC was 4012.

Also, i am enrolled in my masters program (online) which will finish by April 2018 should i use that to gain points in education or go with bachelors at the moment.

Looking forward to your advise!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My job title is Lab Supervisor and duties are:

I believe my NOC falls either in 2211 or 9212 code, however i am confused. My previous job NOC was 4012.

Question - why did you chose 2211 instead of 2134?

Just an opinion - if you work in a production environment, I would say 9212. If you work more in an R&D environment, then I would say 2211 or 2134.

Also not clear - do you expect to apply under FSW? Then use the NOC for which you gained your foreign work experience (not your current job).

Also, i am enrolled in my masters program (online) which will finish by April 2018 should i use that to gain points in education or go with bachelors at the moment.

No, you cannot use that until you finish. You can certainly add it when you finish, if you are still in the pool waiting for an ITA (not likely!)