+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC confusion for IT engineers and IT Managers

Oct 21, 2019
Hi,

I am seeking help to clear confusion related to NOC code, while creating Express Entry profile.

I have 9 year experience as IT engineer from juinor to senior in different companies simmilar to NOC code 2171 , recently i got peomoted to IT manager which have NOC code 0213 . Now it made me confused that which NOC i should choose for my EE profile.. as if i choose IT engineer where I have 9 year of experience, I may claim all points for experience but will not get reference letter from employer as employer might give u reference letter for your current profile. And If i choose IT manager profile I have only few month of experience in this, which might deduct my points for experience.

Plz suggest what should be best approach in this case. Thanks in advance.

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Even i am in the same situation. I have same NOC experience i.e 2171 for over 10 years. but I am now promoted to a manager.

I might be wrong and hence will let experts advise. I was told that i can put my R&R matching with NOC 2171 and get it approved by my senior manager and the HR will print the same in the letter. As long as it matches with the 2171 R&R you should be fine. Manager etc are internal structuring of company so as long as the letter contains the R&R matching the NOC code, you are good.

Reactions: Chandan_sr1989

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Hi there. Can anyone confirm the OP's ask and mine too.

ArGo

Oct 18, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi,

I am seeking help to clear confusion related to NOC code, while creating Express Entry profile.

I have 9 year experience as IT engineer from juinor to senior in different companies simmilar to NOC code 2171 , recently i got peomoted to IT manager which have NOC code 0213 . Now it made me confused that which NOC i should choose for my EE profile.. as if i choose IT engineer where I have 9 year of experience, I may claim all points for experience but will not get reference letter from employer as employer might give u reference letter for your current profile. And If i choose IT manager profile I have only few month of experience in this, which might deduct my points for experience.

Plz suggest what should be best approach in this case. Thanks in advance.
Prepare your roles and responsibilities. Grab the requirements for both 0213 & 2171 and compare it with your RnR, whichever has a closest match you can apply.

Being in a leadership role, I chose to have 2171 and I was able to get RnR for the same from all of my employers.

You are recently promoted as IT manager, then you can supply 0213 for this role and choose 2171 for the other RnR's you receive from your other employers. In EE profile, it asks you to choose NOC code for each and every designation (record) you create.

Oct 21, 2019
Prepare your roles and responsibilities. Grab the requirements for both 0213 & 2171 and compare it with your RnR, whichever has a closest match you can apply.

Being in a leadership role, I chose to have 2171 and I was able to get RnR for the same from all of my employers.

You are recently promoted as IT manager, then you can supply 0213 for this role and choose 2171 for the other RnR's you receive from your other employers. In EE profile, it asks you to choose NOC code for each and every designation (record) you create.
Thanks for reply.. Appreciated the response.