phatdolfin82

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Looking for some advice on my NOC Code determination.
I've submitted my application under NOC Code 2148 (Other Professional Engineers), but I'm now worried it may be incorrect. I'm a Senior Biomedical Design Quality Engineer in Ireland with 10+yrs experience in Biomedical Engineering, although my base degree is Chemistry not Engineering, therefore I can't hold a P.Eng Licence in Canada, which is fine. Although the NOC Employment Requirements are 'P.Eng Licence'.

Question: I match the MAIN DUTIES of NOC 2148, is this all I should be worried about? Do I need to meet the EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS also, e.g. P.Eng Licence?

Thanks in advance ;)

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
In your case you need not worry.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
phatdolfin82 said:
I've submitted my application under NOC Code 2148 (Other Professional Engineers), but I'm now worried it may be incorrect. I'm a Senior Biomedical Design Quality Engineer in Ireland with 10+yrs experience in Biomedical Engineering, although my base degree is Chemistry not Engineering, therefore I can't hold a P.Eng Licence in Canada, which is fine. Although the NOC Employment Requirements are 'P.Eng Licence'.

Question: I match the MAIN DUTIES of NOC 2148, is this all I should be worried about? Do I need to meet the EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS also, e.g. P.Eng Licence?
No, no worries.
A) the employment requirements only apply to work experience in Canada, and
B) the P.Eng License is only rquired if you approve drawings/reports, or to use the protected title "P.Eng." You can still be employed under the NOC without those two things...

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
I have similar NOC question.

In my last year application (CEC ineligibility), one of my job i put NOC 0124, instead i wanted to put 0125.
I have updated reference letters now with duties directed towards 0125. I did not change earlier letter except added couple more duties so it is easier to identify NOC.

However, both NOC's are completely different 0124 is Advertising and Marketing, 0125 is Accounting.
I am concerned CIC might think I'm changing NOC and not consistent.
what more documents i can provide to successfully validate my NOC ?
has anyone else done this successfully ?

Thanks

phatdolfin82

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks nmeka & jes_ON ;)

dell2: How & where have you submitted your application? EE/PNP, mail/online?
If the codes are that different and your employment letters are attached, they'll know it's a typo. However to prevent any chance of rejection, I'd notifying them with an additional letter for clarification stating that there was a typo in your application and per your reference letters you've always been NOC 0125, although I'm not an expert.

rickysaldanha

Mar 20, 2018
Bangalore, India
Thanks nmeka & jes_ON ;)

dell2: How & where have you submitted your application? EE/PNP, mail/online?
If the codes are that different and your employment letters are attached, they'll know it's a typo. However to prevent any chance of rejection, I'd notifying them with an additional letter for clarification stating that there was a typo in your application and per your reference letters you've always been NOC 0125, although I'm not an expert.
Is there a way to get your NOC code verified? or does mentioning one's confusion about NOC code when applying post ITA work?