+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code selection

Princes Queen

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hello members,
Can anyone here to assist me please?
I am currently working at Canadian university and my job title is Postdoctoral fellow. My job duties support three different NOC’s (2221, 2112/2211, and 4011). However, I am not sure for which NOC I would be eligible to apply for EE or PNP

My job duties supporting NOC B 2221 (Biological technologists and technicians)
(1) Conducting biological experiments and laboratory analyses in support of research related to pharmaceutical/health/biotechnology.
(2) Apply methods and techniques such as microscopy.
(3) Performing experiments related to biology and biomedical research.
(4) Data analysis, preparation of reports and scientific journals.
(5) Evaluation of anti-cancer properties of plants based compounds.

My job duties supporting NOC 2112/ 2211
(1) Identification, characterize and quantification of chemical or biochemical compounds from plants using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy.
(2) Method development, sample preparation and chromatography.
(3)Data analysis, preparation of reports and scientific journals.

My job duties supporting NOC A 4011 (University teacher including Postdoctoral fellow)
(1) Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books

I really do not know which NOC support to my job. If another NOC is closely related to job duties than the mentioned one’s (2221, 2112/2211, and 4011) then please send me that information.

Employment requirement for Biological technologists and technicians is the completion of a two- to three-year college program. So choosing B category NOC (2221) with PhD degree will affect my application as employment requirements do not need a university degree for 2221?

Thanking in advance!

Tommy77

May 5, 2020
Hello,
I have exactly the same question regarding NOC code as a Postdoc Fellow. My duties cover both NOC 4011 (Postdoc Fellow) and NOC 2121 (Biologist).

CamilaCCH

Jul 31, 2020
Hi, I am at the exact same position (main duties cover both 4011 and 2121 - Job title postdoctoral fellow, have taught, have done research). Which one did you use? Has it been approved?