+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC CODE REQUIRES ABLITIY TO DISTINGUISH COLOR. IM COLOR BLIND. HELP!!!

butcherboy

Jun 21, 2013
I am a butcher here in the Philippines. I recently got an LMO under NOC 6251 = Butchers and Meat Cutters – Retail and Wholesale

According to HRSDC, distinguishing of color is relevant to this job. I am colorblind. I will need to spend big amounts of money for my application. Should I proceed?

All your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please help.

butcherboy

Jun 21, 2013
With this given, do you think this is an automatic denial of my application? Please... Are there any color blind applicants here that made it through despite the fact that the job requires the ability to distinguish colors? Is this worth the risk? Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I don't remember colour blind testing during the medical examination. So it's up to you. Can you do the job?

butcherboy

Jun 21, 2013
I know am fit for the job. I've been doing it for the longest time. My problem is, it is stated specifically on the HRSDC website that for this job, color discrimination is relevant. Would that cause problems in my application?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
See this thread... http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visa-rejection-if-colour-blind-t28491.0.html

If you can do the job, and you are happy to defend that to an employer, then the colour blindness in and of itself is no reason for the application to be rejected on medical grounds.

butcherboy

Jun 21, 2013
Thanks zardos. You have been the only person who bothered to help me out on this and I really appreciate it.

But let me just clarify this, it is not the employer I am worried about since I know, and they too know that I am capable of doing the job. Its the VO's I am worried about.

Given that HRSDC has stated in their site that this is a job that requires ability to distinguish colors, do you think this would this be an automatic denial for my application? Why post that in their site right? :(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I really don't think that this will be a problem. The NOC code is there to match job descriptions. You are probably colour blind only in certain areas, so it may not affect your job function anyway. I would apply but not volunteer information if it's not required. From a medical point of view, it's a non issue.

Angie1313.

Jan 29, 2023
I am a butcher here in the Philippines. I recently got an LMO under NOC 6251 = Butchers and Meat Cutters – Retail and Wholesale

According to HRSDC, distinguishing of color is relevant to this job. I am colorblind. I will need to spend big amounts of money for my application. Should I proceed?

All your comments and suggestions are welcome. Please help.
Hi good morning i just want to ask po if a hired kayo bilang butcher even if color blind kayo ??