+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code Relation to education?

Hatemshamaa

Oct 7, 2019
So I am a pharmacist. I got my ECA from the PEBC. And I have 2 year work experience as Pharmaceutical Representative.. which isn't listed in NOC 3131 "Pharmacist" and 1 Year before that as a Community pharmacist..
So can I apply with With the 2 Year experience in the Pharma Industry .. while its a different NOC.. Because what i Understand is my education "Bachelor of Pharmacy" must correlate with the NOC i apply with. And Pharmaceutical Rep has a diff. NOC code so it won't count.
Second My ECA says Bachelor of Pharmacy..
Does this count as Professional Degree in the CRS or Just Bachelor?
Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The education and work ex don't need to correlate unless the NOC has an explicit requirement and it's impossible to do that job without the degree. For example, if you say you're a lawyer but you don't have a degree in law, it will be questioned. This mostly applies to regulated professions like law, medicine, etc.

However, if you have a degree in law but work in marketing instead, that is fine.

So, is it possible in your country to work as a Pharma rep without a pharma degree? in most countries it is, since this is just a sales job.

If you have a B.S in Pharma, it will be treated as a professional degree.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The majority of B Pharms are considered professional degrees but it is up to WES, ECA, IQAS to determine whether it is a bachelors or professional degree.