+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code & Reference letter for spouse

simrjot11

Apr 9, 2019
Hi All,

I am planning to apply to express entry by my own but have few queries after reading the process. I am done with ilets and eca. So, to proceed further, i would require some help from experts.

1.Can anyone help me in finding out the NOC code for ABAP Technical .
2. I read , few people will say , that for secondary applicant no need to show experience in work history rather show it in personal history to avoid the submission of reference letter. I am really confused where to show it . Any kind of help is appreciated .

Dodohut

Sep 10, 2018
Hi All,

I am planning to apply to express entry by my own but have few queries after reading the process. I am done with ilets and eca. So, to proceed further, i would require some help from experts.

1.Can anyone help me in finding out the NOC code for ABAP Technical .
2. I read , few people will say , that for secondary applicant no need to show experience in work history rather show it in personal history to avoid the submission of reference letter. I am really confused where to show it . Any kind of help is appreciated .
Hello @simrjot11 ,

1. You will need to find your NOC according to the list of duties you carry out. The most important thing is that the list of duties for the NOC you will select, will mostly match those in your reference letter which you will submit after you receive your ITA (Invitation to Apply) once you get selected. So, don't only focus on NOC job title. Till what I read about ABAP, its related to programming / software, so look for programming or software in the link below and see if the list of duties mostly match what you do.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

2. Its true, that is you don't get points for the work experience for the dependent. So you have the choice to either put it in work history / personal history. In personal history, it will not ask for reference letter.

Reactions: simrjot11

simrjot11

Apr 9, 2019
Hello @simrjot11 ,

1. You will need to find your NOC according to the list of duties you carry out. The most important thing is that the list of duties for the NOC you will select, will mostly match those in your reference letter which you will submit after you receive your ITA (Invitation to Apply) once you get selected. So, don't only focus on NOC job title. Till what I read about ABAP, its related to programming / software, so look for programming or software in the link below and see if the list of duties mostly match what you do.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

2. Its true, that is you don't get points for the work experience for the dependent. So you have the choice to either put it in work history / personal history. In personal history, it will not ask for reference letter.
Thanks for answering to my queries.
Yes u are right Abap is related to programming . I am confused between 2171 and 2174. Will check thoroughly . If we are selecting no in work history for secondary applicant and post ITA we are showing the work experience in personal history.. Will it not be considered as misrepresentation ?

Dodohut

Sep 10, 2018
Thanks for answering to my queries.
Yes u are right Abap is related to programming . I am confused between 2171 and 2174. Will check thoroughly . If we are selecting no in work history for secondary applicant and post ITA we are showing the work experience in personal history.. Will it not be considered as misrepresentation ?
Ah okie, means you have already shown work experience in work history for the dependent during EE profile submission? If yes, is it really tough for the dependent to get reference letter for past / actual work experience?

simrjot11

Apr 9, 2019
Ah okie, means you have already shown work experience in work history for the dependent during EE profile submission? If yes, is it really tough for the dependent to get reference letter for past / actual work experience?
No, i am going to create profile in few days. As i am planning to do it by myself . These were the few queries that i had.. In my case it is difficult for my husband to get reference letter. So, where exactly i can show his experience without impacting my application .

Dodohut

Sep 10, 2018
No, i am going to create profile in few days. As i am planning to do it by myself . These were the few queries that i had.. In my case it is difficult for my husband to get reference letter. So, where exactly i can show his experience without impacting my application .
Ah okie, got it!

I don't think there is personal history section in EE profile creation (note that its long time I created my EE profile, but I think there is no personal history section). So if it is difficult for your husband (dependent) to get reference letter, then no need to mention the work experience of the dependent (husband) while creating the EE profile. You will notice that one does not get point for dependent work experience.

After profile creation, by filling all your data like IELTS, your work experience, etc, you will get your CRS score. If you have a reasonable CRS score, you need to wait for Express Entry Draw and once you get selected, you will received your ITA (Invitation to Apply).

During ITA phase, you will be given an online form to fill information like personal history / travels etc, and then at that moment, you can put the work experience of your husband in Personal History

simrjot11

Apr 9, 2019
Ah okie, got it!

I don't think there is personal history section in EE profile creation (note that its long time I created my EE profile, but I think there is no personal history section). So if it is difficult for your husband (dependent) to get reference letter, then no need to mention the work experience of the dependent (husband) while creating the EE profile. You will notice that one does not get point for dependent work experience.

After profile creation, by filling all your data like IELTS, your work experience, etc, you will get your CRS score. If you have a reasonable CRS score, you need to wait for Express Entry Draw and once you get selected, you will received your ITA (Invitation to Apply).

During ITA phase, you will be given an online form to fill information like personal history / travels etc, and then at that moment, you can put the work experience of your husband in Personal History
Yea u are absolutely right, while creating the profile there is no personal history section, post ITA it will come. As u have suggested to mention the work experience in personal history section, where we can attach the supporting documents like pay stubs offer letter, compensation letter for secondary applicant? Thanks in advance

Dodohut

Sep 10, 2018
Yea u are absolutely right, while creating the profile there is no personal history section, post ITA it will come. As u have suggested to mention the work experience in personal history section, where we can attach the supporting documents like pay stubs offer letter, compensation letter for secondary applicant? Thanks in advance
It will not ask you for supporting documents like pay stubs, reference letter, etc when it will be in personal history. In fact, the system auto generate the the request of the documents required after you have fill out the ITA form. If the data would have been in "Work History", it would have asked you for these docs in the documents list. In case of personal history, it will not ask these docs.

Reactions: simrjot11

simrjot11

Apr 9, 2019
It will not ask you for supporting documents like pay stubs, reference letter, etc when it will be in personal history. In fact, the system auto generate the the request of the documents required after you have fill out the ITA form. If the data would have been in "Work History", it would have asked you for these docs in the documents list. In case of personal history, it will not ask these docs.
Thanks for replying and clearing my doubt ☺

Richa chhabra

Apr 27, 2021
Hi, what if we opt to show work experience in the work history section. Can we support with documents like offer letter relieving letter and pay stubs , will it create any issue? In my application