NOC Code *Reference Letter* CEC

ashwinbavdekar

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,
I have a 1 year and 2 months of experience as an Administrative Support Office ,
these are the responsibilities that i have in my reference letter, my employer decided to get the NOC responsibilities and edited them to mention only those which fit my position.

Given Below are my responsibilities :

· Oversee and co-ordinate office administration and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
· Establish work priorities and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
· Carry out administrative activities and Support the HR in Auditing, Reporting and other small projects
· Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
· Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
· Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
· Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
· Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
· Need to supervise records management technicians and related staff.

I sent the responsibilities to noc-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca and got a reply as follows:

The National Occupational Classification (NOC) Web site provides information on the occupational coding system in Canada. It organizes over 40,000 job titles into 500 occupational group descriptions. It is used daily by thousands of people to compile, analyze and communicate information about occupations, and to understand the jobs found throughout Canada's labour market.

The information that you have provided, is a carbon copy of the Main Duties of 1221 Administrative officers at
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=1&val1=1221

Please advice me if i'm good to go with this reference letter or are there any changes that are required.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
They said its a carbon copy, I don't think thats good.

You should edit the duties a bit to use similar words but not the exact same sentences copied and pasted, and keep some additional duties that are not directly from the NOC website

Just use the same words but write a bit different

ashwinbavdekar

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
*Seniors please help* i have already taken this reference letter from my employer, hardly 1-2 points are excluded when compared to the NOC description and 1-2 points have been changed.

Do you suggest i go back to my employer and request a new reference letter or can i process with the same one? The only thing i'm worried about if that there is a NOC - office assistant that fall under unskilled labor and i don't want the VO to conclude my job was unskilled based on a reference letter made in my employers own words.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashwinbavdekar said:
*Seniors please help* i have already taken this reference letter from my employer, hardly 1-2 points are excluded when compared to the NOC description and 1-2 points have been changed.

Do you suggest i go back to my employer and request a new reference letter or can i process with the same one? The only thing i'm worried about if that there is a NOC - office assistant that fall under unskilled labor and i don't want the VO to conclude my job was unskilled based on a reference letter made in my employers own words.

I think you should ask your employer to write you a new letter, the duties shouldn't be a direct copy from the NOC website. Pick the key words from each duty listed on NOC website and paraphrase them a little bit.

Are you talking about 1411 General Office Support? If you are worried that VO might think your NOC is 1411, you can look at the duties of 1411, avoid the key words of 1411. Focus on the key words of 1221 Admin Officer and go from there.

ashwinbavdekar

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes i was a bit worried about that , but your advice sounds like the best one i have received so far. I will try to rephase the responsibilities and send it to hsrdc again, i have a score of 461 , with the current trend, i guess i will have the time to go through this again.

Its just that i have had really bad experiences with lawyers, and i dont want the reference letter to ruin this whole process .

Thank you for your advice again.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
wenfeizh said:
I think you should ask your employer to write you a new letter, the duties shouldn't be a direct copy from the NOC website. Pick the key words from each duty listed on NOC website and paraphrase them a little bit.
Thats very good advice as I remember some people had some real issues by simply copying all NoC duties. Its definitely not recommended.

ashwinbavdekar

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenfeizh said:

Are you talking about 1411 General Office Support? If you are worried that VO might think your NOC is 1411, you can look at the duties of 1411, avoid the key words of 1411. Focus on the key words of 1221 Admin Officer and go from there.
Hello,
I could see that you applied previously under CEC INLAND under the same category, My HR is extremely supportive towards by reference letter and wants to make sure i get through without hassle. He said he would keep my reference letter with him and correspond the same responsibilities to the VO when he calls.

Could you please tell me if the responsibilities that you stated in a previous thread got translated to NOC 1221? I payed over 7k to a lawyer for LMIA and got rejected so i cant afford spending more money with lawyers, but after what all i had to go through, i really dont want something like reference letter to create problems later.

vishalparabr

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
did you get your PR by using NOC:0213 because i am in similar situation and looking out to see what is the noc code i need to use.
though i have been designated as "PROJECT ASSOCIATE"and my roles and responsibilities are as follows.do let me know if i have to use NOC CODE: 1221 PR 0213.

Roles and responsibilities are :
Develop project plan and oversee from conception and planning to implementation, including accountability, strategies, processes and resources

Co-ordinate activities and tasks among internal departments (Editorial, Quality Assurance & Softward Engineering services), client and vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope

Responsible for managing schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software

Create accurate quotes and assist in budgetary controls, and place accurate timeline to deliver the projects.

Develop implementation plans and methods for monitoring project progress, implement and utilize reporting and administrative forms for all departments

Carry out administrative tasks for active projects which include current status, critical due dates, forecast completion dates, risk and associated dependencies and maintain comprehensive project documentation

Co-ordinate and supervise administrative procedures in the company and implement new procedures that impact the Project Management department

Assist in the sales process by communicating(quote) with the customer throughout the process, in a timely manner, to relay project status and to address client concerns

Identify and resolve project issues, inter-dependencies, and conflicts

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
did you get your PR by using NOC:0213 because i am in similar situation and looking out to see what is the noc code i need to use.
though i have been designated as "PROJECT ASSOCIATE"and my roles and responsibilities are as follows.do let me know if i have to use NOC CODE: 1221 PR 0213.

Roles and responsibilities are :
Develop project plan and oversee from conception and planning to implementation, including accountability, strategies, processes and resources

Co-ordinate activities and tasks among internal departments (Editorial, Quality Assurance & Softward Engineering services), client and vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope

Responsible for managing schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software

Create accurate quotes and assist in budgetary controls, and place accurate timeline to deliver the projects.

Develop implementation plans and methods for monitoring project progress, implement and utilize reporting and administrative forms for all departments

Carry out administrative tasks for active projects which include current status, critical due dates, forecast completion dates, risk and associated dependencies and maintain comprehensive project documentation

Co-ordinate and supervise administrative procedures in the company and implement new procedures that impact the Project Management department

Assist in the sales process by communicating(quote) with the customer throughout the process, in a timely manner, to relay project status and to address client concerns

Identify and resolve project issues, inter-dependencies, and conflicts
Stop spamming the site. You are replying to a post on CEC from 2016 so your employer should know your code.