+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code query for Solar Engineer / Consultant

nadiamac87

Jun 2, 2014
Hi,

I'm looking for urgent help with my NOC code. I have been unable to identify the correct code.

I have provided a summary of my qualifications and experience below. Although my role has often been called Energy Engineer, i am not qualified as an engineer and am technically qualified as a scientist.

If anyone is able to offer advice it would be greatly appreciated. I feel like i fall between the cracks.

Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science: Mathematics
Master of Science: Renewable Energy Technology

Professional Experience:
2.5 yrs - Solar City (NZ) - Energy Engineer / Product Manager / Customer Care Team Manager. Role: Design of domestic and commercial solar PV and thermal systems; product selection, sourcing and pricing; manager of the customer care team; technical support for installers.

1yr - Eaga / Carillion Energy Services - Energy Project Engineer. Role: Design and specification of commercial solar PV and thermal systems; Energy Audits.

Jan 21, 2018
Hi,

I am going through a very similar issue right now. And I am inclined to go with NOC 2132 (Mechanical engineer) since it has 'power generation' included in it.

Qualifications:
Bachelors and Masters: Mechanical engineering

Professional Experience:
0.5 yrs - Solar Development Engineer. Role: Design solar PV systems for commercial and small utility scale projects; product selection, permitting and installation co-ordination, pricing, procurement co-ordination.

2 yrs - PV systems designer. Same role for residential systems.

It looks like its been a while since you posted this query. So my reply won't be of much help to you but I am hoping to receive a feedback from you. I am unsure of which NOC code to go with. If you could provide some guidance that would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

nadiamac87

Jun 2, 2014
Hi,

I actually ended up going with NOC code 4161 - Natural and applied science policy researchers, consultants and program officers. I felt like I was more of an energy consultant than an engineer. I had not completed an engineering degree.

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4161&ver=&val65=consultant

I have since received my approved Permanent Residency and they did not question the NOC code that I applied under.

I hope this is of some help to you :)

Best of luck

Nadia

Jan 21, 2018
Thank you Nadia.
That does help. Atleast I am affirmative that the slight difference between my degree and my work experience won't reject my application.

I am submitting all the documents listed on the CIC website (work exp, education, proof of funds etc..). Please feel free to share any word of caution if you feel is not mentioned anywhere on the website. I am pretty nervous.
Thanks a lot for your help. :)

Shivani.

tahaqureshi

Oct 27, 2019
Hi,
Currently i am working as a field service technician in a solar company in canada.I have bachelors in Electronic Engineering & masters in Electrical & Computer Engineering.My main job responsiblities cover electrical/electronic troubleshooting & maintenance of solar power systems.I am not a installer.I am not sure about which noc code to choose.Please help me choose

NJvv

Aug 27, 2020
Hi,

I actually ended up going with NOC code 4161 - Natural and applied science policy researchers, consultants and program officers. I felt like I was more of an energy consultant than an engineer. I had not completed an engineering degree.

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4161&ver=&val65=consultant

I have since received my approved Permanent Residency and they did not question the NOC code that I applied under.

I hope this is of some help to you :)

Best of luck

Nadia
Hello Nadia, would you be able to help me with my NOC code. I am an energy & sustainability consultant too and have degrees in Environmental engineering & Civil engineering. My previous work experience has been on the same lines too. Could you we chat about this. Please let me know. Thanks!

abhi7

Oct 14, 2020
Hi,

I am going through a very similar issue right now. And I am inclined to go with NOC 2132 (Mechanical engineer) since it has 'power generation' included in it.

Qualifications:
Bachelors and Masters: Mechanical engineering

Professional Experience:
0.5 yrs - Solar Development Engineer. Role: Design solar PV systems for commercial and small utility scale projects; product selection, permitting and installation co-ordination, pricing, procurement co-ordination.

2 yrs - PV systems designer. Same role for residential systems.

It looks like its been a while since you posted this query. So my reply won't be of much help to you but I am hoping to receive a feedback from you. I am unsure of which NOC code to go with. If you could provide some guidance that would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.
Hi , Could you please provide more insight on this. Were you successful under Mechanical Engineer NOC?