+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC CODE HELP!!

AMP9319

Feb 26, 2021
Hi there,

I am just finishing up on my e-APR under the CEC. however after watching a webinar I am worried that I may have selected the I correct NOC. I know I am skill level 0 for sure as I am a Program Manager who is middle management (manger of managers).

Originally, I selected 0014 for senior managers. But after watching this webinar I am being told that the NOC code I selected is usually for Presidents of companies and not middle management. After seeing this I am worried… I was hoping someone can help me in what NOC code I would likely be in by looking at my job duties:

1. Provides institute-wide financial management and supports the development and operational implementation of assigned project grants and initiatives.

2. Works with all the key stakeholders in the organization to develop strategies around grants, identify grant opportunities, implement specific grant awards, evaluate successful projects, and streamline future proposals.

3. Manages the acquisition and procurement of all UBC and PHCaccounts for the institute, in conjunction with PHCRI and UBC FoM Finance. Develops, manages, and monitors multiple project budgets. Demonstrates and implements project objectives and policies.

4. Monitors period, quarterly, mid-year and year-end budget expenditures and reports variances. Gathers and summarizes financial information related to assigned projects for submission to relevant PIs, Directors, and funders.

5. Tracks progress of various projects according to institute-wide plans, monitors and reports
on the status of projects and major issues/obstacles encountered.

6. In collaboration with the Directors, identifies and supports resolution to problems or
barriers for successful program projects/change initiatives.

7. Liaises and communicates in a professional and courteous manner with PIs, collaborators, partners, staff, funding agencies, and the public when representing the institute.

I did look at a few more NOC’s and I think that 0114 would be something close to my duties… but I don’t want to screw up my application over this so I thought I would post on here for some advice.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!