+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Noc code help needed - purchasing agent or administrative assistant

polyglot_wannabe

Jul 17, 2018
Hello. I'm torn between going with the "purchasing agents and officers (1225)" or just "administrative assistants (1241)" for my NOC job code.

The description and requirements of "purchasing agent or office (1225)" are quite similar to what I have done.

So the IRCC describes "purchasing agents and officers" like below.

Purchasing agents and officers perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights, or business services for use or for further processing by their establishment
  • --> Yes, in my case, "logistics services"

• Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
  • --> Yes. For the kind of services to be purchased, I performed these things daily.

• Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
  • --> Yes, I did these daily.

• Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
  • --> Also did it daily.
  • Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
  • --> Yes. Although it was the actual "shipping" schedules that the logistics services provide. Not the delivery schedules for the services themselves. (logistics services do not have physical delivery)

• Negotiate land acquisition or access rights for public or private use, and may conduct field investigations of properties
  • --> No. Not have done this.

• May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
  • --> No such experience.
  • Purchasing agents and officers may specialize in the purchase of particular materials or business services such as furniture or office equipment.
  • --> Yes, logistics services.
My job title in English will be something like "logistics services coordinator" and I have worked for 4.5 years, so I guess I qualify enough.

As long as I can submit a reference letter including my job descriptions that match the above-mentioned "yes" lines, do I qualify?

Do you think the same? Please let me know!