+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code for Telecom Core Optimization Engineer or Radio Network Optimization Engineer

Verma.Ankit

Mar 20, 2020
Hi All, I work in operations team of a telecommunication company.It is divided into Radio network and core network.For Radio, there are RF engineers and similarly there are core optimization engineers.
There is a confusion within two NOC codes : 2147 and 0131
My Title matches with 2147 i.e Wireless communications network engineer or telecommunication engineer but duties mentioned does not match.
If i see 0131 , my duties match with this code but the title says Telecommunication carriers managers, so it is a management occupation.
My designation in my offer letter is Engineer.
Please suggest if anyone has faced a similar problem.

## 2147 – Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)

###### Computer and telecommunications hardware engineers

* Analyze user requirements, and design and develop system architecture and specifications
* Research, design, develop and integrate computer and telecommunications hardware such as microprocessors, integrated circuit boards and semiconductor lasers
* Develop and conduct design verification simulations and prototype bench tests of components
* Supervise, inspect and provide design support during the manufacturing, installation and implementation of computer and telecommunications hardware
* Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and clients
* May lead and co-ordinate teams of engineers, technologists, technicians and drafters in the design and development of computer and telecommunications hardware.

###### Network system and data communication engineers

* Research, design and develop information and communication system network architecture
* Research, evaluate and integrate network system and data communication hardware and software
* Assess, document and optimize the capacity and performance of information and communication system networks
* May lead and co-ordinate teams of design professionals in the development and integration of information and communication system architecture, hardware and software.

## 0131 – Telecommunication carriers managers

* Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a telecommunications establishment, department or facility
* Consult with senior managers to establish policies concerned with the development, operation and maintenance of telecommunications services
* Direct and control telecommunications traffic volume and flow within assigned areas, through subordinate supervisors and technical staff
* Analyze and evaluate telecommunications installation, operation and maintenance services and make recommendations for improvement
* Ensure compliance with telecommunications regulations and directives of government regulatory agencies
* Liaise with representatives of related or connecting companies to resolve joint telecommunications problems and ensure efficient telecommunications system operations
* Recruit personnel and oversee their training.