+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code for Taxpayer Service Agent

Amitchem

May 28, 2020
Is there anyone who knows the NOC code for Taxpayer Service Agent? They are government employees, work in CRA call centers. If we consider them as revenue agent then NOC is 1228 (skill level B), but if we consider call center agent - customer service then the NOC is 6552 (skill level C).

According to one job posting in CRA website, key duties include:
  • providing explanations and/or clarification to clients over the telephone in response to enquiries concerning the filing and processing of Individual Tax Returns
  • explaining various social programs administered by the CRA
  • gathers information from taxpayers to establish the precise nature of their enquiry or request
  • researches possible responses or solutions using a variety of internal and external information sources
  • techniques and practices used to operate various computer applications and systems required to enter information, research, analyze and resolve questions or problems and requests raised by taxpayers, including payment reconciliation
Another job posting:

As a Taxpayer Services Agent, you must:
Respond to a variety of enquiries or requests related to Individuals income tax matters, CRA administered programs and related individuals account.
Perform various calculations to determine tax or CRA administered program requirements, elections, entitlements, or administrative relief.
Accept payment arrangements where applicable and authorized, within established parameters.

The pool established from this staffing process may be used to staff similar positions.

Last edited:

pav1993

Jul 29, 2019
hey, how are you? I also applied for the same job I was wondering if it NOC B job?
Thank you

Sky high

Aug 17, 2021
Did anyone applied for pr using this job. I am accepting the offer and i have to gain another 4 month of experience to apply for Canadian experience class. I am leaving my full time permanent job for this one. Please reply

Jord@n

Jul 1, 2022
Did anyone applied for pr using this job. I am accepting the offer and i have to gain another 4 month of experience to apply for Canadian experience class. I am leaving my full time permanent job for this one. Please reply
Hey were you able to find the NOC code for this job ?

Sky high

Aug 17, 2021
Hey were you able to find the NOC code for this job?
I had a word with the current employee. He said the job come under NOC B. Since I didn't join the company, no further research was done. I would say most probably it is NOC B based on my Limited research but do your due diligence before accepting the offer.