+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code for PRODUCT MANAGER (SOFTWARE) ?

ag3774

Mar 11, 2023
Hi Guys,

Anyone who has experience in Software / Internet product management here? Can you confirm which NOC code you have opted for?
I am confused between
60010 – Corporate sales managers and 20012 – Computer and information systems managers

I have gone through many threads on this forum and it seems there is no conclusion yet on this mystery? Is there anyone who can help me with this?

I have total 10 yrs of experience of which 7 yrs have been in product management (Software / Web) and 3 yrs in digital marketing (online).

Suggestions, feedback, comments are welcome!

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi Guys,

Anyone who has experience in Software / Internet product management here? Can you confirm which NOC code you have opted for?
I am confused between
60010 – Corporate sales managers and 20012 – Computer and information systems managers

I have gone through many threads on this forum and it seems there is no conclusion yet on this mystery? Is there anyone who can help me with this?

I have total 10 yrs of experience of which 7 yrs have been in product management (Software / Web) and 3 yrs in digital marketing (online).

Suggestions, feedback, comments are welcome!
I think corporate sales manager is more appropriate if your role is to ensure sales growth of the product, whereas computer and information systems management is more to do with managing and driving the IT strategy of a company or department in terms of IT systems and software.

Digital marketing again it depends on your exact role and goals

If. You can share your role, i can give better advice

Reactions: classico33

ag3774

Mar 11, 2023
I think corporate sales manager is more appropriate if your role is to ensure sales growth of the product, whereas computer and information systems management is more to do with managing and driving the IT strategy of a company or department in terms of IT systems and software.

Digital marketing again it depends on your exact role and goals

If. You can share your role, i can give better advice
Thanks @sbali, here are my roles & responsibilities:

 Research and understand customer pain points
 Analyze and research market trends, competitors, and industry analyst publications
 Analyze existing customer usage and other analytics to identify opportunities for improvement
 Solution to address customer pain points
 Identify appropriate experiments to run to learn about customer needs and evaluate potential solutions
 Clearly articulate product feature requirements by developing functional specification documents
 Oversee product planning and execution from concept to release in an agile environment
 Track the release and performance of new solutions
 Identify the appropriate metrics to measure success and work with the development team to track events
using tools in place
 Measuring and monitor features post-release and make optimizations
 Own and prioritize a backlog of features within an initiative
 Work with and communicate with cross functional stakeholders
 Collaborate with product managers who are based all around the world
 Prepare material for presentations and field enablement processes

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Thanks @sbali, here are my roles & responsibilities:

 Research and understand customer pain points
 Analyze and research market trends, competitors, and industry analyst publications
 Analyze existing customer usage and other analytics to identify opportunities for improvement
 Solution to address customer pain points
 Identify appropriate experiments to run to learn about customer needs and evaluate potential solutions
 Clearly articulate product feature requirements by developing functional specification documents
 Oversee product planning and execution from concept to release in an agile environment
 Track the release and performance of new solutions
 Identify the appropriate metrics to measure success and work with the development team to track events
using tools in place
 Measuring and monitor features post-release and make optimizations
 Own and prioritize a backlog of features within an initiative
 Work with and communicate with cross functional stakeholders
 Collaborate with product managers who are based all around the world
 Prepare material for presentations and field enablement processes
Corporate sales manager

Just modify your duties to incorporate maximum keywords from the ones in NOC

Reactions: ag3774

ag3774

Mar 11, 2023
While product manager falls under NOC code 60010, after careful consideration and checking roles & responsibilities, I decided to proceed with NOC 20012. It seems that Information system manager / business systems manager made more sense to me and had more overlap in roles & responsibilities than NOC 60010 - corporate sales manager.

Just FYI to audience here. Hope it helps.

tavern22

Jun 9, 2021
While product manager falls under NOC code 60010, after careful consideration and checking roles & responsibilities, I decided to proceed with NOC 20012. It seems that Information system manager / business systems manager made more sense to me and had more overlap in roles & responsibilities than NOC 60010 - corporate sales manager.

Hi ag3774,
Did you get approval by using NOC 20012? In which category did you get approval?

Thanks.

classico33

Jul 4, 2023

Also, what proof do they need for this part of the "requirement":
  • Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.
Is 2 years of experience sufficient?

Dec 26, 2022
Hi Guys,

I am confused between

Suggestions, feedback, comments are welcome! By the way, I studied for it. The job of a product manager includes elements of sales management, focusing on product development, strategy, planning and coordination. I also read about how to create online learning management system scratch, found https://ddi-dev.com/blog/programming/how-create-online-learning-management-system-scratch/ for this. Code code 20012 will be the most suitable in my opinion. I don't see any other option at all.
In general, for a product manager in the software field, the most suitable code would be 20012 - Computer and Information Systems Managers.

s4meer

Apr 15, 2024

Hi @ag3774
Thanks for sharing the NOC you went ahead with, did you get the PR with NOC 20012?