+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code for pharmacovigilance

Noor22

Mar 27, 2015
Hi All,

I have done my graduation in bachelors of dental surgery (BDS) and have 2+ experience in pharmacovigilance (Aggregate reporting). I would really appreciate if anybody could guide me regarding the NOC code applicable!

Thanks for the help and response in advance!

Best regards,
Noor

Noor22

Mar 27, 2015
Thanks for the reply! But I doubt this is my category, since my field is drug safety and these are life sciences!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Some times you have to squeeze it in. I goggles this. Maybe you should try the same? Aside from googling what your job was I have no idea on your day to day duties. The only one who can answer this is yourself.

andyohri

Jul 4, 2016
NOC 3131

Industrial pharmacists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Participate in research for the development of new drugs
- Formulate new drug products developed by medical researchers
- Test new drug products for stability and to determine absorption and elimination patterns
- Co-ordinate clinical investigations of new drugs
- Control the quality of drug products during production to ensure that they meet standards of potency, purity, uniformity, stability and safety
- Develop information materials concerning the uses, properties and risks of particular drugs
- Evaluate labelling, packaging and advertising of drug products
- Promote pharmaceutical products to health professionals.

hope this would help.

abhi14

Jul 2, 2015
hi

even i am in doubt which noc code is applied for pv.

do you have any idea?

i think this one should work 1252

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abhi14 said:
hi

even i am in doubt which noc code is applied for pv.

do you have any idea?

i think this one should work 1252
While selecting the NOC, the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC should be a close match with the actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you at the respective job. You need not match the duties and responsibilities word by word, but the idea is to have the closest match in terms of the spirit of the duties and responsibilities (at least 60%-70% match).

Also, NOC should be selected on the basis of the match of actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you rather than the designation match in the NOC list. If you are not sure of your NOC, write to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your job title, duties and responsibilities and educational qualification, they will help you find the closest fit.

drsaini

Jan 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ abhi14
NOC code involving pharmacovigilance is 4165
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileKeyword.aspx?val=4&val1=4165&val11=research&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

DAKSH1111

May 19, 2016
Stanlee said:
While selecting the NOC, the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the NOC should be a close match with the actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you at the respective job. You need not match the duties and responsibilities word by word, but the idea is to have the closest match in terms of the spirit of the duties and responsibilities (at least 60%-70% match).

Also, NOC should be selected on the basis of the match of actual duties and responsibilities carried out by you rather than the designation match in the NOC list. If you are not sure of your NOC, write to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your job title, duties and responsibilities and educational qualification, they will help you find the closest fit.
is this a official site to check the NOC code?

abhi14

Jul 2, 2015
@drsaini

Thanks for your reply......R u sure this is the final NOC actually i am confused between 1252 and 4165.

Could you please solve my query.

Thanks.

veerla

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hi Abhi,

Hope yours confusion finding NOC is cleared. Here I am also having the same case like you, I have worked as Pharmacy Benefit Analyst (which deals with clinical pharmacy & healthcare Pharmacy Claims) in UnitedHealth Group Company and as I couldn't figure out NOC code for that Job Title I emailed to NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca and got reply but they just said LIKE :

"In order for you to confirm and validate how closely a NOC code matches your occupation, you must refer to the NOC profile in question and review the main duties and employment requirements to assess if it accurately represents your occupation. Other information within the NOC profile should also be assessed such as example titles, additional information, and classified elsewhere sections.

When determining your NOC code, even though the job title and the employment requirements are important, emphasis is placed on the main duties. We encourage you to choose the NOC code that corresponds to the education and experience required by your employer as well as to the majority of your main duties.

Please note that the final decision for selecting the most appropriate NOC code is each individual's responsibility as you would be best positioned to identify the education requirements as well as the skills and abilities. Our role is only to provide guidance and support in your NOC search and it is not within our mandate to determine and confirm NOC code selections.

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you for contacting the NOC unit and have a nice day."

I Also thought my Job fits in NOC code 1252 or 4165...

Hope some expert will help and let me know if you have any suggestions (View my post http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-help-in-finding-out-my-noc-t486968.0.html;msg5954306#msg5954306)

J_rutika

Sep 22, 2020
Hello I have completed 8 years in Pharmacovigilance/Aggregate Safety Report writing. Can you suggest me the appropriate NOC code?