+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code for Business Information Analyst

khaledshaban

Jul 29, 2016
Dear All

I'm working as an MIS/ Business Intelligence/ Information analyst! all those titles describe my function which is managing the data through BI Tools like "Hyperion Brio, COGNOS or Oracle" and analyze the data, prepare reports and monitor the performance of the departments/ products/ staff in the bank where i work.

what can be exactly my NOC code as i'm not an IT, although i can find my position title as "Management Information Systems (MIS) analyst", but the "Main Duties" Are a bit far.

Any help?

Reactions: radhikarathod1488

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
check NOC 1122...
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1122&val65=analyst

khaledshaban

Jul 29, 2016
Hey thanks!

it seems pretty close to what i do, but i guess that what i do is relatively unique, as i do more of data & numbers crunching more than process & procedures audit.
also my job is as a decision support / management consulting, as we prepare & present the reports to the top management.
i guess if i need to make sure no mistake happen in my profile, i need to dig deeper up ahead.

i have sent the CIC "ask us" an email about this issue, i hope they do reply!

THanks again! :)

Reactions: Kategree
Nov 15, 2017
Hey thanks!

it seems pretty close to what i do, but i guess that what i do is relatively unique, as i do more of data & numbers crunching more than process & procedures audit.
also my job is as a decision support / management consulting, as we prepare & present the reports to the top management.
i guess if i need to make sure no mistake happen in my profile, i need to dig deeper up ahead.

i have sent the CIC "ask us" an email about this issue, i hope they do reply!

THanks again! :)

Hey, I have pretty much the same job.. though the job title is senior Business analyst. Job duties include working with data, number crunching, identifying bootlenecks, rootcause analysis, designing tools to be used by operations team. Could you please highlight which noc did you use?

Reactions: Soh246 and Kategree

Kategree

Nov 21, 2017
Hey, I have pretty much the same job.. though the job title is senior Business analyst. Job duties include working with data, number crunching, identifying bootlenecks, rootcause analysis, designing tools to be used by operations team. Could you please highlight which noc did you use?
Hello! Are there any updates? Have you chosen to apply under 1122 NOC?
It seems that every thread discussing 1122 NOC for such cases has a dead end.. No one tells what they have chosen and if it was successful.. :-(

Reactions: Soh246 and maplov

maplov

Jan 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-03-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Med's Done....
28-02-2018
Passport Req..
03-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2018
Can anyone confirm NOC for Business analytics, Business intelligence, data crunching?

khaledshaban

Jul 29, 2016
Hi guys,

Sorry i was distracted for a while!
I've sent my query to the NOC authority for the NOC 1122 and I'll wait for the reply and update you!

Cheers

Reactions: Soh246

shaha21

Dec 7, 2018
Dear All

I'm working as an MIS/ Business Intelligence/ Information analyst! all those titles describe my function which is managing the data through BI Tools like "Hyperion Brio, COGNOS or Oracle" and analyze the data, prepare reports and monitor the performance of the departments/ products/ staff in the bank where i work.

what can be exactly my NOC code as i'm not an IT, although i can find my position title as "Management Information Systems (MIS) analyst", but the "Main Duties" Are a bit far.

Any help?
Hi there,

I am in the same boat. What NOC you finally decided on? Confused between 2171 or 1122. I used business objects and generated reports for management with data of rev, head count etc. Thanks.

yvv

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2019
Nomination.....
August 2019
AOR Received.
02 10 2019
Med's Done....
22 10 2019
Hi there,

I am in the same boat. What NOC you finally decided on? Confused between 2171 or 1122. I used business objects and generated reports for management with data of rev, head count etc. Thanks.
Hi,

I also am having trouble finding out the NOC Code for myself.

I have a very serious issue in identifying my NOC code for the express entry profile.

I work in a management consulting company as a data analyst. My role is not client facing, instead, my team works for the internal leadership of the firm.

I build reports for the solution /region /account, etc. heads. These reports contain confidential numbers such as the fees we have generated from our clients, the rates we charged, etc. to help the leadership keep track of their performance.

I get the data for all this from the IT department of my firm and I get the data in excel files. I then use these files to build reports on either excel or on Power BI and Tableau which are business intelligence tools.

Now, 2172 seems like a match but barely, and I couldn't find any other noc code that has my responsibilities.

I really really need your help to identify my noc code to create my Express Entry profile.

I thank you for your time.

Div75

Jul 31, 2019
Hi,

I am also a Cognos BI and Qlikview developer. I face clients, collect requirements, create Requirement Specification document, Design, Develop and test reports and dashboards. Can one of you tell me which is the correct NOC code for this profile?

Thanks Much!

Dec 15, 2019
Similar case as most. Please help -
In my past company I worked for Business Intelligence Reporting on Cognos, Hyperion Brio as "Sales Reporting Professional" for an IT MNC. Main duties were creation of key pipeline reports on Report Studio, cadence decks to present to management. My team reported to internal leadership to help management in decision making by doing the data crunching and generation of reports either on MS Excel or BI Cognos. I am a B.com graduate (WES gave Business administration three years Bachelors) and PGDM (WES gave four years Finance Bachelors Degree). So does my profile suit 2171 or 1122 better? Thanks.

friswana

May 18, 2020
I also work in Business Intelligence Reporting. Could someone please let me know whether I need to opt for 2171 or 2172?

Aug 25, 2020
Hi,

I also am having trouble finding out the NOC Code for myself.

I have a very serious issue in identifying my NOC code for the express entry profile.

I work in a management consulting company as a data analyst. My role is not client facing, instead, my team works for the internal leadership of the firm.

I build reports for the solution /region /account, etc. heads. These reports contain confidential numbers such as the fees we have generated from our clients, the rates we charged, etc. to help the leadership keep track of their performance.

I get the data for all this from the IT department of my firm and I get the data in excel files. I then use these files to build reports on either excel or on Power BI and Tableau which are business intelligence tools.

Now, 2172 seems like a match but barely, and I couldn't find any other noc code that has my responsibilities.

I really really need your help to identify my noc code to create my Express Entry profile.

I thank you for your time.

Hi, hope you are doing good.

Did you get to know the NOC code, I did the same kind of work in the past. And, I am finding difficult to identify the NOC as well. Please reply if you know

Reactions: Soh246

Soh246

Oct 4, 2020
Hello! Are there any updates? Have you chosen to apply under 1122 NOC?
It seems that every thread discussing 1122 NOC for such cases has a dead end.. No one tells what they have chosen and if it was successful.. :-(
Hey did you apply ? I am stuck. Would really help if you can tell code used. Thanks