+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code for Business Analyst

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hello,

My job title as per the employment letter is business analyst and my job duties are as below.

• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies

• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers

• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation

• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities

• Supports one or more highly complex business processes

• Works on multiple projects as a project team member

• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs

Can you please help me decide NOC code? Job duties in 2171 does not match with my job duties.

Many thanks in advance!

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hi Yuqingl,

Have you been approved for the work experience? Job duties in 2171 seem more technology while our job description is more business, which do not match. Please advise!.

Kl4nsk3y

Feb 26, 2018
Hi Yuqingl,

Have you been approved for the work experience? Job duties in 2171 seem more technology while our job description is more business, which do not match. Please advise!.
Follow the link and read more on it, there should be more job titles and duties that may match your duties. Choose the best title and make sure your duties match most or all of them and that should work. I used the same NOC code and am just waiting for PPR now.

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Follow the link and read more on it, there should be more job titles and duties that may match your duties. Choose the best title and make sure your duties match most or all of them and that should work. I used the same NOC code and am just waiting for PPR now.
Hi Kl4nsk3y,

My title is business analyst and the below is duties of 2171. Do you think they match most of our job description? Please advise.
  • Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
  • Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
  • Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
  • Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.

Kl4nsk3y

Feb 26, 2018
Hi Kl4nsk3y,

My title is business analyst and the below is duties of 2171. Do you think they match most of our job description? Please advise.
  • Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
  • Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
  • Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
  • Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.
Yeah
As far as I know it doesn’t have to match all 4 subtitles, each one of the 4 is another job title under business analysts (more like a specialty). So mine was the first point, they matched with all the duties I performed while I worked.

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Yeah
As far as I know it doesn’t have to match all 4 subtitles, each one of the 4 is another job title under business analysts (more like a specialty). So mine was the first point, they matched with all the duties I performed while I worked.
Hi Kl4nsk3y,

Thanks for your all advice so far, do you mind sharing with me your job duties? I just want to see if we have the same duties.

satyam_shivam

May 12, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Requesting help to gauge the right NOC for below responsibilities :

.Responsible to analyze Merchant Disputes & Chargeback data. Leverage strong analytical skills, backed by solid process knowledge for creating customized consultation package for the global and Premium merchant segment

· Responsible for working closely with the Global Merchant Services organization across leadership & band levels to drive merchant education for disputes & chargebacks

· Conduct workshops and review meetings for merchant(s)/clients to provide tactical as well strategic recommendations to reduce chargeback losses, reduce bad demand and improve disputes & chargeback experience

· Responsible for driving projects as well process improvement initiatives across the region and should be able to comfortably build relationships with peers from different geographies

· Serve as a single point of contact for a set of merchants and their Client Mangers and responsible for resolving their escalations by working with existing linkages and establishing new ones

· The scope of work covers research, collating information & documents, achieving resolution by influencing corrective actions through relevant linkages , speaking to and writing responses to customers

· Act as a Consultant to American Express Clients, that is Merchants, assist them to reduce chargeback losses through exceptional presentation skills and content expertise

· Proactively anticipate any project risks/issues and ensure adequate mitigation efforts are put in place to ensure overall delivery is not compromised

· As a liaison between Merchant business and the Customer Fulfillment Network (Amex Operations), display ability to partner successfully with multiple internal teams to drive resolution of complex disputes escalations

· Experience in managing relationship with Global and Premium business partners like Marriott Hotels, Disney, Singapore Airlines, Apple, and Malaysian Airlines

SDEO

May 9, 2018
Hi all,
I recently received my PPR (7th November 2018). I had categorized my work experience under NOC 2171 and below are the roles and responsibilities which I had mentioned(I work as a consultant in SAP FICO):
1. Collaborated with the business,stake holders to apprise them with the progress of the changes being made and taking
feedback to improve the implementation
2. Documented the design solution providing crisp points highlighting the implementation.
3. Configured and customized different modules as per customer requirements
4. Liaised with various integration teams like SOA, SAP PI along with SAP and technical team, providing logic to be
implemented at various stages
5. Apprised support teams of the implemented solution, providing inputs wherever required.

Hope this helps.