20-06-2014
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Hello there,

I am currently preparing for PR and there is little confusion regarding NOC.

My job is 3D Artist - Modeling, Texturing, Lighting and Rendering computer graphic elements for TV show and film.

I build and create above things based on client's request using 3D software.

In my case, will my NOC node be 5223 Graphic Arts Technicians? or 5241 Graphic Designers and Illustrator?

Please help me to find right one.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Followings are descriptions of those two codes :

5223 Graphic arts technicians

Graphic arts technicians assist in conceptualizing a project, interpreting design specifications or sketches, preparing the page make-up, lay-out and lettering, and preparing production materials for press, electronic or multimedia publishing. They are employed by publishing, communications, advertising, marketing, printing and multimedia establishments, and by television and film production companies. They may also be self-employed.

5241 Graphic designers and illustrators

Graphic designers conceptualize and produce graphic art and visual materials to effectively communicate information for publications, advertising, films, packaging, posters, signs and interactive media such as Web sites and CDs. They are employed by advertising and graphic design firms, by establishments with advertising or communications departments and by multimedia production companies, or they may be self-employed. Graphic designers who are also supervisors, project managers or consultants are included in this unit group. Illustrators conceptualize and create illustrations to represent information through images. They are almost solely self-employed.

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Which one matches your job title? For example, I am software developer. There is a separate NOC for software engineer (which have basically the same description/responsibilities). So I used the one for Software Designer. In the NOC pages, there are some sample titles, if any of them matches your title letter by letter, use that one! :)

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zapchae said:
Hello there,

I am currently preparing for PR and there is little confusion regarding NOC.

My job is 3D Artist - Modeling, Texturing, Lighting and Rendering computer graphic elements for TV show and film.

I build and create above things based on client's request using 3D software.

In my case, will my NOC node be 5223 Graphic Arts Technicians? or 5241 Graphic Designers and Illustrator?

Please help me to find right one.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Followings are descriptions of those two codes :

5223 Graphic arts technicians

Graphic arts technicians assist in conceptualizing a project, interpreting design specifications or sketches, preparing the page make-up, lay-out and lettering, and preparing production materials for press, electronic or multimedia publishing. They are employed by publishing, communications, advertising, marketing, printing and multimedia establishments, and by television and film production companies. They may also be self-employed.

5241 Graphic designers and illustrators

Graphic designers conceptualize and produce graphic art and visual materials to effectively communicate information for publications, advertising, films, packaging, posters, signs and interactive media such as Web sites and CDs. They are employed by advertising and graphic design firms, by establishments with advertising or communications departments and by multimedia production companies, or they may be self-employed. Graphic designers who are also supervisors, project managers or consultants are included in this unit group. Illustrators conceptualize and create illustrations to represent information through images. They are almost solely self-employed.
Please email HRDC with you all job duties with bullet points,,, they will reply you with correct NOC code .

To: noc-cnp@workingincanada.gc.ca

Hello Sir/Madam

I am confused about my NOC Code. Please suggest me the best NOC code which suits me best.

Below are my everyday duties and responsibilities:

Thank you.

P.S. Please use your official email id and full name,, just for your record so that you can even attach their reply with your file,, when submitting your CEC

Zapchae

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
AOR Received.
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Thank you guys!

It really helped a lot.

I just sent the letter to HRDC.

Hope I could be help for others in the future just you guys were to me!

Thanks again!

UthbertV

Nov 17, 2017
Hello Zapchae, I also have the same issue. So which NOC you used?

My job title is 'Senior 3D Artist' and I work in video game industry. Which NOC should I use?

In NOC 5223-B list of job titles they 'video game artist' listed.

But if in future, if I get promoted and my duties also include, management, communication and/or leading the team as part of my job, then is it better to choose 5241-B from the beginning?

Can we change NOC and what can be the impact?

Praneethav

Oct 3, 2018
Hello Zapchae, I also have the same issue. So which NOC you used?

My job title is 'Senior 3D Artist' and I work in video game industry. Which NOC should I use?

In NOC 5223-B list of job titles they 'video game artist' listed.

But if in future, if I get promoted and my duties also include, management, communication and/or leading the team as part of my job, then is it better to choose 5241-B from the beginning?

Can we change NOC and what can be the impact?
Did you manage to find a solution for this?