+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC CODE CLARIFICATION FOR CEC ITA

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I got an ITA in June and in my EE profile I entered the NOC Code that relates to my job title on my pay stub which is "User Support Technician". I am now getting an employment reference letter from my Supervisor and he thinks the NOC Code should be 2171 instead. Does it matter that the NOC Code pre ITA and post ITA are different? I can write a letter of explanation outlining the situation clearly.

Kindly advise,
Thank you,
Raph

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raphealvw said:
Hello Everyone,
I got an ITA in June and in my EE profile I entered the NOC Code that relates to my job title on my pay stub which is "User Support Technician". I am now getting an employment reference letter from my Supervisor and he thinks the NOC Code should be 2171 instead. Does it matter that the NOC Code pre ITA and post ITA are different? I can write a letter of explanation outlining the situation clearly.

Kindly advise,
Thank you,
Raph
This could've made a difference to some FSW applicants because some part of their program eligibility is NOC dependent. But not in the case of CEC. CRS score and ITA are NOC agnostic so go ahead and make that change. Adding LOE is completely optional because application processing would take into account the final submission and not pre-ITA NOC. Your choice to upload and LOE or not.

All the best!