+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code 2173 - Regulated/Unregulated

rickiricki

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hi Guys, i read some post that noc code 2173 is regulated and i need to have a license. I have no idea, what is this regulated and license requirement.

Q1. 2173 is it regulated or unregulated?
Q2. Do I need a license for 2173?
Q3. What about 2171?

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
I am NOC 2171, I can confirm it does not require license to apply for Express Entry under it. Reading about 2173 I don't think it is a regulated NOC either, but you wait for other with same NOC to reply. Both are Skill level/type A.

rickiricki

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hey Craig,

I am in software development industry. I believed my NOC code is 2171 but i was advised that 2173 matches better.I am confused now, sharing my duties, need your views as u r 2171 as well.
Industry: Software Development
Responsibilities as Senior Business Solutions Architect (01 Oct 2016 – Till Date)
· Business requirement elicitation through workshops and frequent discussions with customers.

· Documenting system requirements into Use Cases, User Stories and Business Data Definitions.

· Assist software architect team in preparing software design document.

· Create Business Process Models for the software application.

· Estimating size and effort of the user stories/ software application through function point calculations.

· Create product backlog to prioritize and plan the application features for development

· Perform system functional testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.

· Create simulations and concept documents for the end user of the software application.

rickiricki

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
thanks craig, but these guys dont respond anymore...and infact one of these ids are not monitored anymore...thats the auto response that comes. so ur best guess about my NOC would be appreciated