+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code 1221 CEC

ImmigrantVL

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hello!

I know I asked this question two times, however, I am still unsure. I work as an Operations Analyst in a 3PL company in the office at the distribution center facility.

I have discussed all the possible NOC codes ( 1221, 1215, 1122, 1524, 1526) with my employer/lawyer and we came to a conclusion that 1221 is tge best match. I am still concerned. What would you recommend? Do you think 1221 is a good match or I should use another one? Which one? Please help me with that.

Here is my job description:

RESPONSIBILITIES

• Build outbound shipments according to predetermined schedule.
  • Control the flow of work for the distribution centre operations.
  • Monitor and advise on proper shelf life rotation and aging inventories
  • Assist with inventory reconciliation daily, weekly, and monthly.
  • Analyze DC operations, including performance and productivity data. Error rates and their root causes.
  • Work closely with Operation teams to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve operational functionality issues.
  • Generate and maintain a set of key daily, weekly, and monthly business and operational reports customized to the needs of Operations and its clients
  • Identify workflow/system improvements and work with Managers and Operations team to implement changes
EDUCATION:

• Two-year College or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE:

• Warehouse and Distribution facility operations experience a must
  • 2 to 3 years as an Operations Analyst preferred but not required.
  • AS400 (Dairy Management System) experience a plus.
CORE COMPETENCIES:

• Strong Microsoft office experience, especially in Excel.
  • Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
  • Proficiency in Microsoft office suite of products such as Excel, Access, and Power Point.
  • Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
  • Attention to detail – understand data and operational processes with a view of driving improvement
  • Ability to build relationships with management and employees.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
When matching NOC, the lead statement of the NOC post is the most important thing. Per IRCC's Operational Manual (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html), it has to match your job duties:

QUOTE: during that period of employment, the applicant must have:

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)].
The Lead statement for 1221 is "Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this unit group."

I don't think your job description matches well with this lead statement. If none of the NOC matches well with your job duties, consider re-phrasing your job description to match better. Don't lie about them though...

Another option is to consult an immigration lawyer to determine your NOC. It would cost a couple hundred dollars.

Good luck!

ImmigrantVL

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Thanks!
I came through the immigration lawyer and I was told pretty much the same thing: re-phrase your job description.
We also discussed other NOC's: 1215, 1122 and even 1524 (Purchasing and Inventory clerks). 1215 appeared to be a bit more supervisory rather than administrative, 1122 looks a bit more advanced, however, it got the Supply Chain Process Analyst title in there. 1524 is more like for clerks. I have discussed that one with my Manager also and this one seems to be less skilled than my job. There also was 1411...... but that one is for clerks....

Could you please advise me anything?? I have seen your replies on numerous posts on this forum and I assume you a knowledgeable enough to help me a little bit in this situation.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks!
I came through the immigration lawyer and I was told pretty much the same thing: re-phrase your job description.
We also discussed other NOC's: 1215, 1122 and even 1524 (Purchasing and Inventory clerks). 1215 appeared to be a bit more supervisory rather than administrative, 1122 looks a bit more advanced, however, it got the Supply Chain Process Analyst title in there. 1524 is more like for clerks. I have discussed that one with my Manager also and this one seems to be less skilled than my job. There also was 1411...... but that one is for clerks....

Could you please advise me anything?? I have seen your replies on numerous posts on this forum and I assume you a knowledgeable enough to help me a little bit in this situation.
You already have quite some understanding to these NOCs:
1215 has a focus on supervising. If you are not supervising anyone, this is not for you.
1122 has more focus on recommending improvements than daily administrative coordination. If your job is not consulting, then don't use this.
1524/1411 unfortunately are level C and you cannot apply CEC with them.

As I am not qualified to give out definitive suggestions, do not limit your options to the following... But I believe 1221/1241 may be the one that fits you the best... But you need to rephrase your job description a lot to fit to one of them.

Candoll

Aug 14, 2018
BC
Hi all,

Just starting on my journey towards PR. Have some questions regarding applying in CEC. My previous NOC was 1221(admin coordinater) . I worked in Ontario for more than one year and 6 months after completing my two years study. Now I’m moving to BC and being offered a job in NOC 1211 (supervisor). My employer says if it is better for my file I can even officially work as an administrative assistant (same noc as before) I’m not sure if this makes a difference or not?

Is it advisable to change my NOC and province at this stage? If it will not have any negative effect on my file, I would definitely like to move to BC but I’m a bit apprehensive.

The company in BC is a registered fed ex distributor but it’s office is a residential address. Could this be a problem in future ?

Please advise.

Dr.dhruv

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
CANADA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
When matching NOC, the lead statement of the NOC post is the most important thing. Per IRCC's Operational Manual (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html), it has to match your job duties:

QUOTE: during that period of employment, the applicant must have:

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)].
The Lead statement for 1221 is "Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this unit group."

I don't think your job description matches well with this lead statement. If none of the NOC matches well with your job duties, consider re-phrasing your job description to match better. Don't lie about them though...

Another option is to consult an immigration lawyer to determine your NOC. It would cost a couple hundred dollars.

Good luck!
Hi there. Can you please check out duties of my noc code 1221 as a Dental Office Coordinator for matching up lead statement and main duties?

His daily responsibilities include, but were not limited to the following:
• Coordinate dental inventory and control on dental office budget
• Manage in ordering of dental and office supplies and equipment as needed
• Oversee patient-management software (Tracker) and ensure accurate patient records including charting, client’s files, x-rays and treatment plans
• Prepare treatment plans and estimates for the patients as directed by Dentist
• Determine and establish standard dental operating procedures
• Set up dental office priorities including continuity of patient care and patient flow
• Coordinate day to day operations of dental office including facilities planning and utilization of resources
• Coordinate a daily schedule chart audit and make paper copies for each dental treatment room
• Update financial, medical and insurance information when a patient arrives
• Generate financial statements and daily end reports for Dentist
• Invoice patients for dental services according to insurance coverage as well as follow up with insurance company if needed
• Assist in scheduling and booking appointments
• Participate in staff meeting and staff training
• Maintain clear communication of issues within the dental unit
• Manage patient calls and inquiries about appointments, confirmations, reschedules and cancellations
• Advise the Dental Office Staffs or Health and Safety Representative on Occupational Health and Safety issues affecting clinic staff
• Understand and ensure RCDSO dental policies, practices and guidelines are adhered to within the dental office
• Respect and maintain confidentiality for all patients according to all applicable standards and the Privacy Act
• Participate in appropriate professional development and continuing education as required
• Ensure storage, packaging and collection of infectious wastes/sharps in accordance with the dental office infection control/sharp policy
• An overall awareness of the goals and value of Dove Dental Centres
• Understand other duties as directed by management

Dr.dhruv

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
CANADA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi there. Can you please check out duties of my noc code 1221 as a Dental Office Coordinator for matching up lead statement and main duties.
His daily responsibilities include, but were not limited to the following
  1. • Manage in ordering of dental and office supplies and equipment as needed
    • Oversee patient-management software (Tracker) and ensure accurate patient records including charting, client’s files, x-rays and treatment plans
    • Set up dental office priorities including continuity of patient care and patient flow
    • Coordinate day to day operations of dental office including facilities planning and utilization of resources
    • Coordinate a daily schedule chart audit and make paper copies for each dental treatment room
    • Invoice patients for dental services according to insurance coverage as well as follow up with insurance company if needed
    • Manage patient calls and inquiries about appointments, confirmations, reschedules and cancellations
    • Advise the Dental Office Staffs or Health and Safety Representative on Occupational Health and Safety issues affecting clinic staff
    • Understand and ensure RCDSO dental policies, practices and guidelines are adhered to within the dental office
    • Respect and maintain confidentiality for all patients according to all applicable standards and the Privacy Act
    • Participate in appropriate professional development and continuing education as required
    • Ensure storage, packaging and collection of infectious wastes/sharps in accordance with the dental office infection control/sharp policy

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi there. Can you please check out duties of my noc code 1221 as a Dental Office Coordinator for matching up lead statement and main duties.
His daily responsibilities include, but were not limited to the following
  1. • Manage in ordering of dental and office supplies and equipment as needed

Your duties appear to be a combo of 1221 that and NOC 1414, which is not eligible. This is not a terribly strong position to be in, unfortunately. It could go either way. I would advice reducing this list to 5-10 (max) MAIN job duties and responsibilities to see if the pattern becomes more clear.

Dr.dhruv

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
CANADA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Your duties appear to be a combo of 1221 that and NOC 1414, which is not eligible. This is not a terribly strong position to be in, unfortunately. It could go either way. I would advice reducing this list to 5-10 (max) MAIN job duties and responsibilities to see if the pattern becomes more clear.
Hi there. Thanks for replying me. I give you counter questions of your answer.
1. I use other title under noc code 1221 Administrative officers as a Dental Office Coordinator. I have taken all "view all titles" over here from official websites "How to Find NOC Code". You can find my title (Dental) Office Coordinator here with bold and underline.

View all titles:

• access to information and privacy officer
• access to information officer
• administration analyst
• administration officer
• administration services co-ordinator
• administrative analyst
• administrative co-ordinator
• administrative officer
• administrative planning officer
• administrative services co-ordinator
• administrative services officer
• administrative support officer
• administrative technician
• admissions officer – post-secondary educational institution
• band administrator
• bilingual services co-ordinator
• budget analyst
• business representative – club, lodge or society
• business services officer
• chief invigilator
• civil emergency measures officer
• claims officer
• communications service co-ordinator
• Crown assets distribution officer
• documentation and projects analyst
• exam invigilator – post-secondary institution
• exam proctor – post-secondary institution
• exam supervisor – post-secondary institution
• financial aid officer
• financial assistance co-ordinator – college or university
• financial assistance officer
• forms management officer
• freedom of information officer
• immigrant investors program co-ordinator
• implementation officer
• lease administration supervisor
• liaison officer
• management planning officer
• Native band administrator
• Native reserve administrator
• non-technical project manager
• office administrative technician
• office administrator
• office automation administrator
• office automation co-ordinator
• office automation technician
office co-ordinator
• office manager
• office services co-ordinator
• official languages co-ordinator
• ombudsman officer
• operating officer – administration
• operational officer – administration
• operations officer – administration
• organization and productivity project manager
• organization and productivity project officer
• parking co-ordinator
• planning officer
• preliminary press planner
• prepress planner – publishing
• privacy officer
• project administration officer
• project manager – non-technical
• public trustee
• records analyst – access to information
• regional services chief
• relocation commissioner
• reserve administrator
• student aid officer
• student assistance officer
• surplus assets officer
• technical assistant – office support
• test administrator
• testing co-ordinator
• testing supervisor
• university admissions officer

2. I already checked all my duties and tried to match with lead statement and main duties with noc code 1221.

Lead statement
Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.

1.oversee and implement administrative procedures(lead statement)
My duties which falls into this as are under:

2.establish work priorities,
My duties which falls into this as are under

3.conduct analyses of administrative operations

4.co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services.
• Manage in ordering of dental and office supplies and equipment as needed

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks

Earl1887

Sep 22, 2018
My job tittle is Warehouse team lead and my main duty is to cordinate all warehouse activities including shipping, inventory, receiving.

Ikennali

Jul 31, 2018
Hello all,

I work at a Credit Union as an Operations Administrator and based on my duties. I qualify for NOC 1221 - administrative officers. My boss has told me write my letter and submit to her for approval so HR can draft on the Company letterhead.

Below is what I have drafted out.

Will this work??

• Supervises and manages forms to be used in the Credit Unions Loan Origination System/Account Opening System.
  • Creates, edits and makes changes to various forms used on an enterprise level across all departments.
  • Carries out investigation on reasons why certain processes are not working, forms which are connected to the Banking system are not generating properly. Determines solutions and implements the solutions.
  • Carries out various project planning activities involved in developing various Banking Products and Applications.
  • Tracking to ensure work delegated Subject Matter Experts during projects are carried out and giving support when required.
  • Assembles data and creates reports on documentation available, documentation missing from individual Member/Customer Accounts on a regular basis to aid in decision making.
  • Supports various departments by gathering their requirements, providing solutions to meet the requirements to ensure process improvement.
  • Creation of various issue logs from various departments to track issues and solutions.
  • Creation of Process Maps to show end to end workflows and work delegation for different platforms.
  • Receiving escalations from users of various applications and processes and either resolving the issues or delegating to the appropriate team.
  • Taking inventory of all Credit Union records, documentation and content to be uploaded to the Credit Union’s SharePoint Site by identifying ownership, classification and delegating for updates.
  • Optimization activities to streamline processes and documentation with a focus on reducing the time/effort of other teams to perform their daily activities.
  • Unit testing of Banking Applications and Products to ensure optimal functionality.
  • Supporting User Acceptance Testing of Applications and Products by receiving escalations, reaching out to Subject Matter Experts and Vendors for solutions.

@DelPiero07 @Vitesze @jes_ON please help me out.

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello all,

I work at a Credit Union as an Operations Administrator and based on my duties. I qualify for NOC 1221 - administrative officers. My boss has told me write my letter and submit to her for approval so HR can draft on the Company letterhead.

Below is what I have drafted out.

Will this work??

• Supervises and manages forms to be used in the Credit Unions Loan Origination System/Account Opening System.
  • Creates, edits and makes changes to various forms used on an enterprise level across all departments.
  • Carries out investigation on reasons why certain processes are not working, forms which are connected to the Banking system are not generating properly. Determines solutions and implements the solutions.
  • Carries out various project planning activities involved in developing various Banking Products and Applications.
  • Tracking to ensure work delegated Subject Matter Experts during projects are carried out and giving support when required.
  • Assembles data and creates reports on documentation available, documentation missing from individual Member/Customer Accounts on a regular basis to aid in decision making.
  • Supports various departments by gathering their requirements, providing solutions to meet the requirements to ensure process improvement.
  • Creation of various issue logs from various departments to track issues and solutions.
  • Creation of Process Maps to show end to end workflows and work delegation for different platforms.
  • Receiving escalations from users of various applications and processes and either resolving the issues or delegating to the appropriate team.
  • Taking inventory of all Credit Union records, documentation and content to be uploaded to the Credit Union’s SharePoint Site by identifying ownership, classification and delegating for updates.
  • Optimization activities to streamline processes and documentation with a focus on reducing the time/effort of other teams to perform their daily activities.
  • Unit testing of Banking Applications and Products to ensure optimal functionality.
  • Supporting User Acceptance Testing of Applications and Products by receiving escalations, reaching out to Subject Matter Experts and Vendors for solutions.

@DelPiero07 @Vitesze @jes_ON please help me out.
No, NOC 1221 is not the correct NOC, the duties are a poor match. The duties you describe make you sound more like a systems analyst. Look at NOC 2171 or 1122.

If you still think 1221 is correct, you need to review the job duties of 1221 and re-write yours to have a better fit. For example, you mention nothing about budgets.

BTW it does matter the order that you present your duties. Above, you suggest that "supervising and managing forms" is your most important duty. Make sure this is correct.

Ikennali

Jul 31, 2018
No, NOC 1221 is not the correct NOC, the duties are a poor match. The duties you describe make you sound more like a systems analyst. Look at NOC 2171 or 1122.

If you still think 1221 is correct, you need to review the job duties of 1221 and re-write yours to have a better fit. For example, you mention nothing about budgets.

BTW it does matter the order that you present your duties. Above, you suggest that "supervising and managing forms" is your most important duty. Make sure this is correct.
Please can you explain better what you meant in your last paragraph
Also my salary is less than the current wage for NOC 2171 according to the Government of Canada Job Bank, will this affect my application if I apply with that NOC code?

@jes_ON .

Thanks for your assistance.

Last edited:

Ikennali

Jul 31, 2018
@jes_ON I’d really appreciate if you can help me out as my boss wants to approve my letter before she goes on vacation.

Thanks for your help.