+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code - 0013 or 0122

harman_778

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
I am a banker with 16 years of work experience earning a salary of CAD equivalent 180k upwards annually. My bank employees 5000-10000 people & my desgnation is an AVP in the Retail Banking side . I am confused if i would be fall under the NOC Code 0013 or NOC Code 0122 .

Request if someone could advise the criteria for choosing the NOC code . Is it only on the basis of Job responsibilities or does it take into acocunt your total work experience & your present salary as well.

I manage a Unit with approx team of 30 people ( managers ) reporting to me with Revenue responsibility , through team , to the tune of USD 50 Million
annually

Looking forward for some advise as i need to finalise my NOC code in the next day or two

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
It's possible with the salary you are at 0013, however in that case you could hire a very good lawyer to decide this for you.

Your duties have to match the NOC beyond a reasonable doubt and be something you can prove. Best of luck to you :)

harman_778

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
thank you for your reply however i am still confused because job responsibilities would typically differ between lets say an AVP in a large organisation vis-a-vis an AVP in a small organisation . In a smaller organisation an AVP could possibly be in the senior most top 2-3 employees of the organisation bracket hence his job responsibilities would seem more senior than an AVP in a large organisation .

My take is that work experience , present salary , revenue responsibility should be a better way to ascertain the authenticity of whether someone fits into a Senior Manager NOC code of 0013 or Middle Manager NOC code of 0122.

Any one else who has been in a similar dilemna ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
harman_778 said:
thank you for your reply however i am still confused because job responsibilities would typically differ between lets say an AVP in a large organisation vis-a-vis an AVP in a small organisation . In a smaller organisation an AVP could possibly be in the senior most top 2-3 employees of the organisation bracket hence his job responsibilities would seem more senior than an AVP in a large organisation .

My take is that work experience , present salary , revenue responsibility should be a better way to ascertain the authenticity of whether someone fits into a Senior Manager NOC code of 0013 or Middle Manager NOC code of 0122.

Determining a NOC is based on whether the duties match. They don't actually look at whether your education matches.

To get a better idea go on job bank and search for both NOC codes and an area you would like to live. Look at the job specs advertised and if you fit those and match the salary, then that would be your NOC.

Going for a 00 code job is a big risk unless you can fully back it up.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
harman_778 said:
I am a banker with 16 years of work experience earning a salary of CAD equivalent 180k upwards annually. My bank employees 5000-10000 people & my desgnation is an AVP in the Retail Banking side . I am confused if i would be fall under the NOC Code 0013 or NOC Code 0122 .

Request if someone could advise the criteria for choosing the NOC code . Is it only on the basis of Job responsibilities or does it take into acocunt your total work experience & your present salary as well.

I manage a Unit with approx team of 30 people ( managers ) reporting to me with Revenue responsibility , through team , to the tune of USD 50 Million
annually

Looking forward for some advise as i need to finalise my NOC code in the next day or two

I would recommend asking HR as they could support your case incase cic objects. Also, send an email at this address and ask them noc@workingincanada.gc.ca

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
harman_778 said:

0122 i would say. Are you in branch banking that is not deciding policies etc or are you in the headquarters. Does your JD give pointers that the NOC write up gives? Eventually your employer will have to confirm that you are managing 0013 kind of duties.

I'm am two down from the CEO of my bank n yet struggled to be convinced while using 0013.