+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC change after submission (spouse)

CilliersC

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light; I have already submitted but found a more suitable NOC to support the work experience of the spouse of the application.

Would it be possible to send a CSE to have this updated or does it not matter since the spouse work history does not add any extra points anyway?

Thanks for the insights.

CilliersC

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, Asivad - appreciate it; was just worried as people are getting rejected for NOC codes all the time it seems.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
While the topic is on spouse's working experience, will it be necessary (after ITA) to provide reference letters from all places my husband worked last 10 years as they are mentioned in the EE aplication? They dont give points...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lailina said:
While the topic is on spouse's working experience, will it be necessary (after ITA) to provide reference letters from all places my husband worked last 10 years as they are mentioned in the EE aplication? They dont give points...
Sadly, yes.

The system doesn't intuitively understand this hence it allows you to input spouse's non-Canadian work experience, doesn't add the points and still prompts you for reference letters. Of course, you can upload what have available and the officer will just summarily ignore all of that and award you no points for that. Or you can choose to completely leave out this experience from their work history section and add it only in their personal history section post ITA - in this case you won't be prompted to upload any documents.

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
thank you, Asivad Anac, your answers are prompt and straight to the point, as usual!

I have also thought of the possibility to leave his working experience out when filling in the EE profile, but was afraid it might be taken as misrepresentation. I think I have a lot to learn :)

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CilliersC said:
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light; I have already submitted but found a more suitable NOC to support the work experience of the spouse of the application.

Would it be possible to send a CSE to have this updated or does it not matter since the spouse work history does not add any extra points anyway?

Thanks for the insights.
If you are the principal applicant then only your work experience would be correlated with your chosen NOC, no worries at all :)