+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC categories

jagsluiperd

Feb 3, 2009
Hi all

I was wondering, do I qualify for experience class visa if I have completed a 2 year masters degree at a canadian university and have worked for a year? I am a professional classical singer and I wish to perform and teach in Canada. I know my career number is 5133 but I dont know what my NOC classification is.. it must be A,B or 0 to qualify for experience class - do I count as A, since I have a masters?

I also heard that artists now qualify for residency, as well as pro athletes. Is this true, and which is the best option for me?

I have been accepted to graduate school in Canada, and want to immigrate, thats why I'm asking - I cant seem to find my NOC category!

Thanks so much for reading!

:)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jagsluiperd said:
Hi all

I was wondering, do I qualify for experience class visa if I have completed a 2 year masters degree at a canadian university and have worked for a year? I am a professional classical singer and I wish to perform and teach in Canada. I know my career number is 5133 but I dont know what my NOC classification is.. it must be A,B or 0 to qualify for experience class - do I count as A, since I have a masters?

I also heard that artists now qualify for residency, as well as pro athletes. Is this true, and which is the best option for me?

I have been accepted to graduate school in Canada, and want to immigrate, thats why I'm asking - I cant seem to find my NOC category!

Thanks so much for reading!

:)
Singer NOC 5133 Skill level A.
You could apply under Canadian Experience once you graduate, and work for a year in Canada, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp
Unless you are an internationally know singer, there is little chance of qualifying for self-employed under cultural.

PMM