+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC and job title in EE Profile and Job Bank must be an exact match?

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
Is it necessary for the job title and NOC to be as an exact match in the EE profile and Job Bank?
While entering Job Title in the Job bank Profile should I enter the Job Title exactly as my designation/Job title I held for that job?

My dilemma here is while creating EE profile I chose a NOC that had a batter match with the Job duties I performed irrespective of the job title, however in the Job Bank if I mention the job title as I held during job it does not list down the NOC that I had chosen in the EE profile. Any suggestion please.

Is Job bank profile considered a separate entity altogether than EE profile?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
SSaru said:
Is it necessary for the job title and NOC to be as an exact match in the EE profile and Job Bank?
While entering Job Title in the Job bank Profile should I enter the Job Title exactly as my designation/Job title I held for that job?

My dilemma here is while creating EE profile I chose a NOC that had a batter match with the Job duties I performed irrespective of the job title, however in the Job Bank if I mention the job title as I held during job it does not list down the NOC that I had chosen in the EE profile. Any suggestion please.

Make sure the roles & responsibilities in your reference letter match (around 60-80%) the duties mentioned under the NOC that you choose. Else rethink on the NOC or better ask NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca.

Job titles don't matter much, as long as its relevant.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
SSaru said:
Job bank titles work a little differently, unlike EE profile you cannot manually enter a title and select NOC code. For job bank enter the title that matches the title of NOC code you selected for EE profile. e.g If you selected 1121 as your NOC then your job title in Job bank will automatically be Human resources professionals (Which is the title of the NOC).

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
joelmath said:
Job bank titles work a little differently, unlike EE profile you cannot manually enter a title and select NOC code. For job bank enter the title that matches the title of NOC code you selected for EE profile. e.g If you selected 1121 as your NOC then your job title in Job bank will automatically be Human resources professionals (Which is the title of the NOC).
Thanks Joelmath,

1. So that means its OK to have different job titles in the EE profile and Job bank in this case right?
2. Also, while providing education details in my EE profile I only provided my Highest qualification evaluated by WES. I did not provide my diploma and other certificate courses that was not evaluated (no ECA), should I be mentioning those in the Job Bank or leave them? How does this matter?

Thanks

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
SSaru said:
Thanks Joelmath,

1. So that means its OK to have different job titles in the EE profile and Job bank in this case right?

Yes. Make sure NOCs match.

2. Also, while providing education details in my EE profile I only provided my Highest qualification evaluated by WES. I did not provide my diploma and other certificate courses that was not evaluated (no ECA), should I be mentioning those in the Job Bank or leave them? How does this matter?

Highest qualification evaluation is fine. Get your other credential evaluated if they lead to an increase in your CRS score. e.g getting a Bachelors degree evaluated if your Masters was awarded a Canadian equivalency of Bachelors. This way you can score few extra points under "Two or more degree" category. However if your highest degree (say Masters) got correct Canadian equivalence (Master's) then getting your Bachelor's evaluated is needless.

Thanks

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
Thanks for your response.

However, For point no.2 above in my case it is like this
"Masters of Science in Information technology" (Canadian equivalent to "Bachelor's degree 4 years" in ECA report), so in job bank do I mention it as "Masters of Science in Computers" or "Computer Science Bachelors"?

Also if other education like certificate courses or diplomas that were not evaluated by WES, can those be mentioned? Tried to mention but could not find in the listings.

Please help.

SSaru

Jan 22, 2016
SSaru said:

"Masters of Science in Information technology" (Canadian equivalent to "Bachelor's degree 4 years" in ECA report), so in job bank do I mention it as "Masters of Science in Computers" or "Computer Science Bachelors"?

Also if other education like certificate courses or diplomas that were not evaluated by WES, can those be mentioned? Tried to mention but could not find in the listings. Can anyone suggest how to include those?

Please help.
Any help pls

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
SSaru said:

Provide the actual degree title in Job Bank not the ECA Canadian equivalency.

Also if other education like certificate courses or diplomas that were not evaluated by WES, can those be mentioned? Tried to mention but could not find in the listings.

Yes. If you can't find them on the list, then leave those. They will not make any difference.

At the moment treat Job Bank like any other Job portal. Fill up your entries like you are building an online CV on any other job portal. Just make sure that you are using correct reference codes/ NOC codes, identity information and that your profile remains active all the time

Please help.

aspirantEE

Mar 31, 2018

I am about to fill my EE Profile. My NOC Code matches 2282, based on my role and responsibilities - it is a match.

However, none of the Job Titles in my Offer-Letters have any of the example job titles for # 2282.

The job-titles which I have are (Assc. s/w engineer, s/w engnr, senior s/w engnr, Technical Lead).

Since my Job Title is a big mismatch to my Role & Duties, I need your help in identifying:-
1. should I go ahead and enter the Job Title as is there in my Offer Letter? Or I have to pick one from the example list?
2. I read LOE (letter of explanation) is mentioned above. What is the format of this letter? We have to present this letter at the time of ITA? In my case, is it needed?

Please help.

Regards,
Arya

The titles in the Example List are:-
  • analyst, systems technical support
  • call centre agent - technical support
  • client support representative - systems
  • computer help desk representative - systems
  • computer help desk supervisor
  • hardware installation technician
  • hardware technical support analyst
  • help desk agent, technical
  • help desk analyst - systems
  • help desk supervisor, computer
  • help desk technical agent
  • help desk technician
  • installation technician, hardware
  • installation technician, software
  • PC (personal computer) support analyst
  • software installation technician
  • software technical support analyst
  • supervisor, technical support
  • systems support representative
  • systems technical support analyst
  • technical help desk agent
  • technical support analyst - systems
  • technical support supervisor
  • user support technician

tantan911

May 16, 2018
I am about to fill my EE Profile. My NOC Code matches 2282, based on my role and responsibilities - it is a match.

However, none of the Job Titles in my Offer-Letters have any of the example job titles for # 2282.

The job-titles which I have are (Assc. s/w engineer, s/w engnr, senior s/w engnr, Technical Lead).

Since my Job Title is a big mismatch to my Role & Duties, I need your help in identifying:-
1. should I go ahead and enter the Job Title as is there in my Offer Letter? Or I have to pick one from the example list?
2. I read LOE (letter of explanation) is mentioned above. What is the format of this letter? We have to present this letter at the time of ITA? In my case, is it needed?

Please help.

Regards,
Arya

The titles in the Example List are:-
  • analyst, systems technical support
  • call centre agent - technical support
  • client support representative - systems
  • computer help desk representative - systems
  • computer help desk supervisor
  • hardware installation technician
  • hardware technical support analyst
  • help desk agent, technical
  • help desk analyst - systems
  • help desk supervisor, computer
  • help desk technical agent
  • help desk technician
  • installation technician, hardware
  • installation technician, software
  • PC (personal computer) support analyst
  • software installation technician
  • software technical support analyst
  • supervisor, technical support
  • systems support representative
  • systems technical support analyst
  • technical help desk agent
  • technical support analyst - systems
  • technical support supervisor
  • user support technician
I got the same .. i'm applying for NOC ID 2171 and my title is Senior data center engineer but my duties are exactly as the NOC ID. Shall my title make issues for me ? specially "Engineer" ?

Shamber

Aug 7, 2019
Can you edit your noc code after you had picked an noc code in the job bank when creating?? Please help as i want to chance the noc code to the right one