mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All
I would like to share my information regarding main duties. What do you think,guys? Please share and comment.

My employer provide me main duties as below
1. prepare and cook dishes on the menu and special dishes such as green papaya salad, spicy thai chicken salad, soups and curry based dishes with dietary restrictions,i.e.,gluten-free and vegan meals.
2. plan menu, determine food portions and estimate food requirement and cost, monitor and order supplies.
3. supervise kitchen staff and train new staff.
4. create new recipes and food sample for each season and demonstrate to customers for feedback.
5. catering and showcase cooking demonstration at trade shows and charity events.
6. oversee kitchen operations.
7. maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipments.
8. clean kitchen and work area.
9. uphold a safe working enviroment.

Thank you for all comments

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any one comments and share please :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Chef : http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=6&val1=6321
Cook : http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=6&val1=6322

Yes, sounds like a cook. Therefore, not eligible for CEC this time.

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadavisa 13
yes... Cook and chef thier main duties is quite similar as I compare year Noc 2011
and other executive chef and sous chef thier duties is different because they are on management level ( I mean chef level)

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
mawin,

please not that CHEF include so many titles such as(sous chef-chef de partie-executive chef-corporation chef-speciality chef-chef entremetier-chef saucier-chef garde manger........)

in my own opinion and i could be wrong,your duties sound more like a cook i would say 80% or more are a cook's duties.try to do your research before you apply and make sure your duties match the noc but do not copy paste.
cooks are ineligible now for CEC so do not risk it and waste time and money.