+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 6235 - financial services representative

RRfromfaraway

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
I received my reference letter today and I am just trying to match it to duties listed on NOC 6235 - Statistics Canada

Here is what national occupational classification says:

Main duties

Financial sales representatives perform some or all of the following duties:
Open new personal and non-personal accounts, and provide access to automated banking machine, telephone banking and online banking services
Interview applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans
Promote the sale of deposit, investment, credit and loan products and services
Assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as business expansion, debt management, investment and other financial goals
Research and evaluate loan applicant's financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
Complete credit and loan documentation
Submit credit and loan applications to branch or credit manager with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
Prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action
Review and update credit and loan files
Act as joint custodian for cash and securities.

And here is what my reference letter says:

- applying needs-based selling techniques to sell a balance of profitable products from all quadrants to meet clients' financial needs and contribute to the branch's overall growth by delivering strong gross sales volumes.

- Build and strenghten relationships with new and existing clients while meeting clients' short and long term financial needs, recommending a full range of solutions (banking, credit, investment and wealth protection) and taking into account the clients' current situation, risk profile, time horizon, and other personal factors

- Proactively establish, develop and maintain strong client relationshis through regular contact and through providing timely, value-added information, advice and recommendations taking into account the latest developments in the markets, the economy, and the investment industry

- Leverage XXX's financial planning tools to help clients understand what they need to do to reach their goals and to encourage them to act on your recommendations

Maybe it is just me, but do my responsibilities match 70-80% with NOC duties?

Futher NOC says:

Employment requirements
Completion of secondary school and extensive general banking experience is usually required.
A bachelor's degree or college diploma related to commerce or economics may be required.
A mutual funds license is usually required.
Registration with the securities regulatory authority in the province or territory of employment is usually required.
Completion of a loan or credit training program, ranging from six to twelve months, is usually required.
Various training programs and courses are offered by the Institute of Canadian Bankers and may be required by employers.
Financial services officers who sell regulated financial products and investments are required to be licensed by the appropriate governing body.

I have my CSC, I am licensed to sell mutual funds in Ontario...

Should I reach back to HR to see if they can change the letter, or is it okay to just attached confirmation of my CSC and the registration with securities?

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
this looks good.
if you can name the products you deal with rather the holisitic words.
for ex: you provide banking, investment and credit solution.
you can also add that cheqing, savings, tfsa, gic, mortgages creditcards, lines of credit etc.

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Hello RR,

I have applied under the same NOC. I think you are fine with that reference letter.
Which company you work for and where? Msg me.

Cheers!
Richie

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Richie.... said:
Hello RR,

I have applied under the same NOC. I think you are fine with that reference letter.
Which company you work for and where? Msg me.

Cheers!
Richie

Dear Richie
Can you please share your jd too so that I can get an idea on language.
As I am preparing it by myself

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
doobie.doobie said:
this looks good.
if you can name the products you deal with rather the holisitic words.
for ex: you provide banking, investment and credit solution.
you can also add that cheqing, savings, tfsa, gic, mortgages creditcards, lines of credit etc.
dEAR

PLEASE SEND ME A COPY OF YOUR JD/REFERENCE LETTERS FOR NOC 6235

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
RRfromfaraway said:
I received my reference letter today and I am just trying to match it to duties listed on NOC 6235 - Statistics Canada

Main duties

Open new personal and non-personal accounts, and provide access to automated banking machine, telephone banking and online banking services
Assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as business expansion, debt management, investment and other financial goals
Research and evaluate loan applicant's financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
Submit credit and loan applications to branch or credit manager with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
Prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action

- applying needs-based selling techniques to sell a balance of profitable products from all quadrants to meet clients' financial needs and contribute to the branch's overall growth by delivering strong gross sales volumes.

- Build and strenghten relationships with new and existing clients while meeting clients' short and long term financial needs, recommending a full range of solutions (banking, credit, investment and wealth protection) and taking into account the clients' current situation, risk profile, time horizon, and other personal factors

- Proactively establish, develop and maintain strong client relationshis through regular contact and through providing timely, value-added information, advice and recommendations taking into account the latest developments in the markets, the economy, and the investment industry

- Leverage XXX's financial planning tools to help clients understand what they need to do to reach their goals and to encourage them to act on your recommendations

Futher NOC says:

Employment requirements
Completion of secondary school and extensive general banking experience is usually required.
A bachelor's degree or college diploma related to commerce or economics may be required.
Registration with the securities regulatory authority in the province or territory of employment is usually required.
Completion of a loan or credit training program, ranging from six to twelve months, is usually required.
Various training programs and courses are offered by the Institute of Canadian Bankers and may be required by employers.
Financial services officers who sell regulated financial products and investments are required to be licensed by the appropriate governing body.

Should I reach back to HR to see if they can change the letter, or is it okay to just attached confirmation of my CSC and the registration with securities?

Hi i feel some of the duties and responsibilities mentioned in this NOC overlap and match with NOC 0122 and 0121. My NOC is 0122 in EE, wud like to know if i can apply on this NOC if it is in some demand PNP of SINP or Novascotia

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Thanks for posting this reference letter here..

JJ4

Jan 18, 2020

Main duties

Futher NOC says:

Employment requirements

please let us know if this worked? Did you go thru with the process?

Raginne

Dec 21, 2022

Main duties

Futher NOC says:

Employment requirements

Please did you get ppr. Post ITA i chose Financial Sales Representative. I included my license in the documents but I am quite concerned because my reference letter did not state loans as my company did not offer loans. Here is my JD. What do you think

•Sell authorized investment banking products including mutual funds, treasury bills, fixed deposits and other ancillary services to existing and prospective clients
•Open corporate and personal Investment bank accounts for clientele and assist clients with documentation
•Attend to walk in customers and provide authorized telephone banking services to client queries on phone.
•Provide client bank statement upon request, review Investment withdrawal forms and provide authorized online banking services
•Aid clientele to achieve financial independence by recommending solutions that help achieve short and long term financial goals
•Lead by establishing long-lasting relationships, servicing existing clients and prospecting for new ones
•Attend interviews , conferences and meetings for the purposes of introducing , explaining and consulting for different categories of financial Investment products

I am concerned. Is there a match or it must have loans