+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 5125 - looking for your help

mikhail8705

Nov 29, 2020
Hi, forum. My wife is considering getting a job as a translator that we're planning to claim under the FSW later. She hasn't been practicing her Russian-German so there's a good chance her main duties are going to include a Russian-English translation pair only.

One thing that's confusing us is the last paragraph in cursive letters where it basically states that you're required(or not?) to have two language pairs. The consultant whom I asked that question said that we should ignore the part in cursive as it's probably a 2016 change proposal and the officers are using the 2011 version for the evaluation. But then I checked the 2011 and found the same part in that edition.

Does anyone know what the cursive part is supposed to mean and how should I treat it - as a suggestion or as a strong requirement?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, forum. My wife is considering getting a job as a translator that we're planning to claim under the FSW later. She hasn't been practicing her Russian-German so there's a good chance her main duties are going to include a Russian-English translation pair only.

One thing that's confusing us is the last paragraph in cursive letters where it basically states that you're required(or not?) to have two language pairs. The consultant whom I asked that question said that we should ignore the part in cursive as it's probably a 2016 change proposal and the officers are using the 2011 version for the evaluation. But then I checked the 2011 and found the same part in that edition.

Does anyone know what the cursive part is supposed to mean and how should I treat it - as a suggestion or as a strong requirement?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure where you see the statement indicating that two language pairs are required. The italics indicate that translators specialize in two languages. That's one language pair.

Note that in order for your wife to claim job offer points under FSW/EE, the employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA.

mikhail8705

Nov 29, 2020
I'm not sure where you see the statement indicating that two language pairs are required. The italics indicate that translators specialize in two languages. That's one language pair.

Note that in order for your wife to claim job offer points under FSW/EE, the employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA.
Thanks for your the clarification. I see I caused misunderstanding here with my vague wording. What I meant is that she's looking to get a job here in Russia so that we'll later claim it as a foreign work experience under FSW/EE. And the critically important part of that endeavor is making sure this experience is in skilled occupation.