+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4214 Early childhood educators and assistants

Determinedforcan

Jul 17, 2019
Hi there,

I am having a BED degree as well as BSc degree plus 5+ years experience as a preschool teacher. Can I apply for NOC 4214. Is ECE degree or diploma mandatory as that is only "Employment Requirement" as u have read somewhere that only "Jobs and Duties" matter the most.

Please clarify as many of you are Pros in the forum. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in

Reactions: Vikj

TarunBhutani

Mar 26, 2019
Hi Nikhil,

Does your wife has a degree in early childhood education (Specifically) as my wife has done B.ED and would like to apply under this category so i am not sure if we can qualify .

Please revert as there is lot of confusion

Many Thanks
Gourav
Hi Gaurav, were you able to get the ECE certification basis B.ED

MARSAIL

Jul 22, 2014
hello all,
I am applying under same NOC. I have Masters of Arts and work as KG teacher for the past 10 years.
I have diploma in Education also.

Do I have to have an ECE degree to apply under this NOC, or only the experience letter will do?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello all,
I am applying under same NOC. I have Masters of Arts and work as KG teacher for the past 10 years.
I have diploma in Education also.

Do I have to have an ECE degree to apply under this NOC, or only the experience letter will do?
Kindergarten teacher is really considered an elementary school teacher in Canada and requires further training like other elementary schools. You can see if you qualifiy under this NOC but you seem overqualified.

MARSAIL

Jul 22, 2014
Kindergarten teacher is really considered an elementary school teacher in Canada and requires further training like other elementary schools. You can see if you qualifiy under this NOC but you seem overqualified.
Okay I am confused now.

Isn't a KG teacher considered an ECE? My students are aged 3-5

MARSAIL

Jul 22, 2014
I checked this NOC and we do almost all of the things mentioned in there. But then again,I work in a school in the Kindergarten department, not in a nursery.

I also checked Kindergarten teacher's NOC, and it is not so relevant to what we do.

What can I do now?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I checked this NOC and we do almost all of the things mentioned in there. But then again,I work in a school in the Kindergarten department, not in a nursery.

I also checked Kindergarten teacher's NOC, and it is not so relevant to what we do.

What can I do now?
Sorry for some reason I thougt you were a BEd. I canada you will need teacher training to teach kindergarten. Pick what most matches your situation. It isn't very conmon to have an ECE educator with a masters degree. Usually it is a 2 yr college program.. Salaries are quite low.

Shakir367

Jun 26, 2020
Hi to all. I am planning to apply for FSWP with my wife as a principal applicant. She has a teaching experience as a Kindergarten teacher of 3 years. Now i want to ask if we can go for NOC 4032 or NOC 4214? She has done MBA (HR) recently so will it be a problem not to have education in the relevant NOC? Need some guidance please.

UcheO

Apr 7, 2018
Can someone who has experience working with children and migrating with NOC 4214 go through EE without any certificate be successful with the EE process? Is it compulsory to have a certificate for ECE Assistant in Express Entry or I will only need it if I want to practice in Canada. Please I need help with this ASAP

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can someone who has experience working with children and migrating with NOC 4214 go through EE without any certificate be successful with the EE process? Is it compulsory to have a certificate for ECE Assistant in Express Entry or I will only need it if I want to practice in Canada. Please I need help with this ASAP
You don't need the certificate. As long as you have enough points, you can successfully apply.