+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4163, 1112, 1122?? Please Help

jomo100

Jul 10, 2020
Good-day all,

I am in desperate need for help and guidance regarding my NOC. The nature of my job is as follows:

A lot of my time at XYZ is spent on the phone with analysts and fund managers, some with existing relationships with the firm, and new prospects I add to the system. The relationship I have with such personnel is to converse/exchange sector and company information through daily meetings held over the phone. The information discussed is under the umbrella called "Shareholder Confidence Report". Through these conversations, which are recorded and later typed out by me, I gather verbatim on companies across various topics, their dynamics, and ranking on our "Company Performance Metrics". This is a big part of the job, the meetings/interviews, whether it is a general interview or a client-specific interview (information is gathered with a purpose to consult on) (A report is prepared by me). The process of booking meetings, and holding interviews, is the essence of the position. Information gathering. The NOC's which I have been told this job could fall under are (4361, 1122, 1112), but I really can't tell which fits best. Market Research Consultant is my position title.

Here are a list of my duties included in my reference letter:
  • Maintain and develop relationships with analysts and fund managers through daily meetings
    • Purpose of meetings is to collect and consult on sector and company information
    • Consult on topics such as, market conviction and consensus, commitment to buy/sell, and company specific performance metrics
  • Prepare quarterly Shareholder Confidence Reports for meeting purposes
  • Examine information collected to keep informed with company changes and specifics
  • Type and upload information collected into Brendan Wood Data Entry Platform
  • Add and remove companies from the Brendan Wood platform to keep database updated and relevant
  • Prepare quarterly reports for corporate clients detailing market consensus and advising on areas of improvements
  • Prepare reports for prospect clients reflecting market position, flaws and attractiveness
  • Collect information in contribution towards the TopGun Investment Minds Award which represents the best thinking minds in the industry
  • Utilize Bloomberg daily to obtain company and personnel information
  • Email weekly marketing material reflecting changes in the performance metrics within the sector of focus
Here's a summary of the NOC's,
1122:
Management consultants perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
  • Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
  • Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
  • Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
  • Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
  • May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.

1112:
Investment analysts perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
  • Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
  • Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
  • Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence.
4163:
Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Develop policies and administer programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas
  • Design market research questionnaires
  • Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional or national areas to assess development potential and future trends
  • Plan development projects and co-ordinate activities with representatives of a wide variety of industrial and commercial enterprises, community and business associations and government agencies
  • Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital
  • Respond to enquiries from members of the business community and general public concerning development opportunities
  • Review and evaluate commercial or industrial development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval
  • Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale or retail consumers
  • Evaluate customer service and store environments
  • Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products
  • Develop social and economic profiles of urban and rural areas to encourage industrial and commercial investment and development.
  • Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles
  • Plan and develop E-commerce strategies
  • Provide consultation on planning and starting of new businesses.
Please provide some guidance on which one of these NOC suit my position? if any do....and if my duties are sufficient as is? Thanks in advance. Much love.

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
You should pick the one that matches most to your job duties. Keep in mind that your actual job title is not as important, the duties performed are more significant. From my guess 1112 seems most appropriate, but that is just my personal opinion.

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
A suggestion...

Create a spreadsheet with 4 columns:

1. Type your duties in column A
2. Use columns B, C & D to list the duties under each of the nocs that you have listed
3. Use a colour code to highlight duties you perform that matches duties in the respective nocs
4. Selected the NOC that gives you the most matches

I had to do this for my experience to ensure I was comfortable with the NOC I chose as the Other Financial Officer nocs are sometimes harder to distinguish

Reactions: jomo100

jomo100

Jul 10, 2020
You should pick the one that matches most to your job duties. Keep in mind that your actual job title is not as important, the duties performed are more significant. From my guess 1112 seems most appropriate, but that is just my personal opinion.
Thanks for the reply. I have been told 1112 as well, but i am just not confident as I find some duties that relate to other NOC's, which brings doubt