+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4131 University Lecturer?

imranmcse

Star Member
Feb 21, 2010
Al Ain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an experience of 5 years part time work as visiting Lecturer in a University department. I was teaching Data communication and networks subject for MBA-IT and MS-IT classes. I calculated the hours and my 5 years part time work becomes equal to 2.5 year full time. NOC 4131 job responsibilities are completely matching with my role. But I have only one doubt as I was teaching to Post graduate students in a well known university not in College, so will CIC consider my case on this ground or its must for 4131 to be teaching only in a college not in University. Although, I am not considered as professor. What do you think mates? Thanks.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
imranmcse said:
Thanks for reply. So I fall in 4121 even though I am not a professor instead a visiting Lecturer. Am I right?

Yes.You can apply in 4121 category.

imranmcse

Star Member
Feb 21, 2010
Al Ain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
Yes.You can apply in 4121 category.
Thanks for reply. I also don't have Doctoral degree which is mentioned as requirements in 4121 NOC. I was teaching there because I was having only certifications in computer networks. I worked from 2001 to 2005 on same basis, but now I am working under different profession and also have Masters Degree in IT. What do you think?

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
imranmcse said:
Thanks for reply. I also don't have Doctoral degree which is mentioned as requirements in 4121 NOC. I was teaching there because I was having only certifications in computer networks. I worked from 2001 to 2005 on same basis, but now I am working under different profession and also have Masters Degree in IT. What do you think?

If you are working in differnt profession then that might be a problem .Because CIC might verify present employer also.
So watch out and becareful . ;D

imranmcse

Star Member
Feb 21, 2010
Al Ain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
If you are working in differnt profession then that might be a problem .Because CIC might verify present employer also.
So watch out and becareful . ;D
Currently I am working as Team Leader of IT department (NOC 0213). I have 3 years experience in this NOC. I am planning to mention both NOCs (4131 or 4121, 0213) in my application. Is that will be ok?

Calgary4Me

Mar 15, 2010
My 0213 application was just denied, I suspect because a position I mentioned was "supervisor" rather than "manager".

The NOC guide specifically points out that "supervisor" is not a "manager".

Careful with that one. I also had valid "IT Manager" experience, but I think they rejected me because it seemed to be dishonest to directly contradict the NOC guide and put a "supervisor" position also in the 0213 category.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
calgary4me

Are you sure you were denied based on that. Because you had two different 0213 and only one had to qualify you for second round. So even if one of your 0213 was supervisor and was wrong, the other would have sufficed.

shezad

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

it is necessary you work in same NOC continue, till present
for you are applying. I dont think so.

my noc is 4131 but now i m not in that profession
I m working as a software developer.

see what cic says
you have at least one year of continuous full time or equivalent paid work experience in the last ten years in one or more of the occupational categories identified in the Ministerial Instructions.
Note: The list of occupations can be found on

Regards
Shezad

imranmcse

Star Member
Feb 21, 2010
Al Ain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shezad said:
Hi,

it is necessary you work in same NOC continue, till present
for you are applying. I dont think so.

my noc is 4131 but now i m not in that profession
I m working as a software developer.

see what cic says
you have at least one year of continuous full time or equivalent paid work experience in the last ten years in one or more of the occupational categories identified in the Ministerial Instructions.
Note: The list of occupations can be found on

Regards
Shezad
Shezad can you shed more light, I mean your case was rejected as you are not working under 4131 profession?

shezad

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No Imran, I m just planning to apply and collecting
all the information necessary before i will send my
file for CIO. I m applying under 4131 category.

imranmcse

Star Member
Feb 21, 2010
Al Ain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shezad said:
No Imran, I m just planning to apply and collecting
all the information necessary before i will send my
file for CIO. I m applying under 4131 category.
I wish best of luck for you Shezad. InshAllah Allah will help all of us.
I decided to write both NOCs in my application. Anyone has any advise or comments please share with me.

Calgary4Me

Mar 15, 2010
Are you sure you were denied based on that. Because you had two different 0213 and only one had to qualify you for second round. So even if one of your 0213 was supervisor and was wrong, the other would have sufficed.
I would have thought that, but the second 0213 listing is an exact perfect match for the job description required. Perhaps I didn't document it thoroughly enough... But I seem to recall having done that, so I figure that perhaps they didn't appreciate the mis-categorization of a supervisor position.

When I re-submit, I will be much more thorough.

I was just pointing out the "team lead" position in this thread was probably not appropriate for the 0213 categorization.

shezad

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with Calgary4Me, in IT field
team leader cant consider as IT Manager
better to go with only one NOC.