+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4112 (lawyers and Quebec notaries)

Sharmin2017

Jun 9, 2017
Hello
I am new here. My NOC is 4112 (lawyers and Quebec notaries). I am joined as a junior associate in a law firm since August 2012. Fulltime and paid. I But I obtained my licence to practice before court on October 2014. I am still working in the same firm as a mid level associate. In my work experience should I mention my whole 5 years employment under this NOC, or only since (2014) I obtained my licence? I would really appreciate any of your suggestion.

anumqureshi

Oct 20, 2016
Were you a permanent employee since 2012? If you were then mention the whole 5 years. However, if any period of 5 years was an internship or you were a trainee then you need to exclude that period. In any case, for international experience 3 years is the maximum that is considered (where are you from btw?)

The license thing doesnt really matter. At least it didnt matter for me.

Sharmin2017

Jun 9, 2017
I was a permanent full time paid employee. I used to do everything a lawyer does but representing client before the court. I am from Bangladesh. I actually got confused seeing the employment requirement under the noc 4112. Where it says one has to have at least bachelor degree and licence from territorial law society. I actually claimed 5 years in my EE profile and received ITA. Now I am wondering whether I did the right thing or not or should I decline.

Tatenda

Dec 27, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I was a permanent full time paid employee. I used to do everything a lawyer does but representing client before the court. I am from Bangladesh. I actually got confused seeing the employment requirement under the noc 4112. Where it says one has to have at least bachelor degree and licence from territorial law society. I actually claimed 5 years in my EE profile and received ITA. Now I am wondering whether I did the right thing or not or should I decline.
I'm also facing the same situation. I claimed 6years experience and the other 2 I was doing articles before admission. Please advise what you did.

Last edited: