+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4032/4413 Inquiry

videshram

Sep 24, 2019
Hi. My NOC is 4032: Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers. However, I was wondering if I would qualify to apply for or accept a job offer under NOC 4413: Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Assistants. Thanking you in advance for your time and feedback.

videshram

Sep 24, 2019
I understand. Thanks for the information. So would it be safe to say that I have a better chance of trying to secure a job offer for NOC 4032. I am currently in the process of obtaining certification with the Teacher Regulation Board of B.C. and hoping to secure a job offer so that I can get a pnp from the province of B.C.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand. Thanks for the information. So would it be safe to say that I have a better chance of trying to secure a job offer for NOC 4032. I am currently in the process of obtaining certification with the Teacher Regulation Board of B.C. and hoping to secure a job offer so that I can get a pnp from the province of B.C.
Getting a job offer may be difficult. Canada has a surplus of teachers. There are some exceptions lIke a shortage of French teachers. What type of teacher are you? Are you sure you don’t have to take the 1 year transition program for foreign trained teachers. Very tough to say whether you will be able to get a job offer.

videshram

Sep 24, 2019
Ahhh I see. Quite interesting. I am an Elementary/Primary School Teacher and my current CRS score stands at 365 points which would not guarantee me an ITA at this time. This is why I'm leaning towards the pnp. As for the one year teacher updating program I am aware of this and my Certification assessment would suggest if I need to complete this program to come up to date with Canadian qualifications. I anticipate that this will be my case that I'll get a temporary licence from the TRB until I complete this Teacher Updating Program. I would continue to keep my fingers crossed and have hope that something will work out for me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ahhh I see. Quite interesting. I am an Elementary/Primary School Teacher and my current CRS score stands at 365 points which would not guarantee me an ITA at this time. This is why I'm leaning towards the pnp. As for the one year teacher updating program I am aware of this and my Certification assessment would suggest if I need to complete this program to come up to date with Canadian qualifications. I anticipate that this will be my case that I'll get a temporary licence from the TRB until I complete this Teacher Updating Program. I would continue to keep my fingers crossed and have hope that something will work out for me.
Is teaching in the list of professions needed? I do hear that many teachers are moving out of Vancouver because it is too expensive to raise a family there. Many families are also moving so enrolment is also decreasing. In general Canada has a surplus of teachers so you may have to look at other provinces and maybe some very rural locations to find a job offer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada doesn’t have a good history of being able to predict what skills they will need. The hourly wages are off too. See many things on the list that are currently not in demand.

kimaria

Sep 23, 2020
Hello!
I'm in the same scenario. I have 8 years of teaching experience as a primary school teacher( noc 4032). Could you please guide me as to how you started your certification with the province.

videshram

Sep 24, 2019
Hello. I honestly thought that I would have gotten fifty additional points for the Express Entry so I tried getting certification with the Ontario Teachers of College. I was wrong as this certificate of qualification only applies for people in trades. Everything was sent to the OCT. However, COVID has slowed down things and they have not evaluated me. Research has led me to find that it's difficult to get a teaching job in Toronto so I decided to get my credentials evaluated in the province of BC. Surprisingly this was started after the OCT application and I have been granted a Conditional Certificate of Qualification by the province. I'll send the link for you. It's a tidious process with lots of documents to put in place to send from your University, Employer, Principal if applicable.

rvjotsingh

Dec 4, 2020
Hello. I honestly thought that I would have gotten fifty additional points for the Express Entry so I tried getting certification with the Ontario Teachers of College. I was wrong as this certificate of qualification only applies for people in trades. Everything was sent to the OCT. However, COVID has slowed down things and they have not evaluated me. Research has led me to find that it's difficult to get a teaching job in Toronto so I decided to get my credentials evaluated in the province of BC. Surprisingly this was started after the OCT application and I have been granted a Conditional Certificate of Qualification by the province. I'll send the link for you. It's a tidious process with lots of documents to put in place to send from your University, Employer, Principal if applicable.
Hi Videshram, did you get any additional points in crs score after getting Conditional Certificate of Qualification from BC or is it useful to get job only.

videshram

Sep 24, 2019
Hi Videshram, did you get any additional points in crs score after getting Conditional Certificate of Qualification from BC or is it useful to get job only.
Hello. I did not indicate in my profile that I had a certificate of qualification as points are only awarded for that criteria under trades like carpenters, plumbers etc.