+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Noc 4031

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Is teaching a regulated job in canada? Do I need to mention it in express entry profile?
I don't know about other provinces but in Ontario, it is a regulated profession. our primary occupation was 4031 and I don't remember mentioning it anywhere throughout our express entry process.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
We got PR in march without any issues. applied in nov. yes we had B.A., B.ED plus M.A. and M.Phil.
No its not necessary it just depends if you have enough education/degrees to get required CRS score. As you might know higher degrees(master,phd) get you more points.

Reactions: Manoj Thakur

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi, @dsinghd! Since you successfully applied with NOC 4031, I was wondering if you can provide some advice. Did you have to submit additional documents in order to claim 4031, such as provincial teaching certificates, or was your ECA enough?

Manoj Thakur

Oct 17, 2018
We got PR in march without any issues. applied in nov. yes we had B.A., B.ED plus M.A. and M.Phil.
No its not necessary it just depends if you have enough education/degrees to get required CRS score. As you might know higher degrees(master,phd) get you more points.
Can u plz help me out..I have same situation..i done my ECA for master in chemistry not for B.Ed..will it be ok for smooth process..I already received an ITA..plz reply

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Can u plz help me out..I have same situation..i done my ECA for master in chemistry not for B.Ed..will it be ok for smooth process..I already received an ITA..plz reply
I'm applying with 4031 as well, and I only did an ECA for my master's (equivalent to a Canadian master's). I read somewhere here that you don't need a B.Ed. to claim 4031. You only need it if you apply for provincial certification to teach at public-funded schools.

Manoj Thakur

Oct 17, 2018
I'm applying with 4031 as well, and I only did an ECA for my master's (equivalent to a Canadian master's). I read somewhere here that you don't need a B.Ed. to claim 4031. You only need it if you apply for provincial certification to teach at public-funded schools.
Thnx for the reply dear..Means you r sailing in the same boat..hoping for an answer from one's who already go through and get PR....

Reactions: sdanish

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
I have two questions 1.)What is your CRS? 2.) Which one is more important for EE profile/ PNP? .. Score or the NOC
The NOC doesn't affect your EE application that much. The only time it comes into play is as a measure for your work experience. You need at least one continuous year of work in your primary NOC (the one you'll be declaring in your EE profile) to qualify for EE, and the NOC has to be a Type 0/A/B occupation. That's pretty much it, whereas your CRS is the one that ranks you against everyone else in the pool for ITAs.