+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4012

sphng

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi all, I've another question I could use your advice on! My department says they can provide me with letters in two ways:
1) My PhD advisor (and I TAd for him) could write me a letter stating my duties, and our department administrator would write the letter stating the hours/salaries/other info, or
2) Our department administrator can write one letter stating everything from duties to administrative information.
Which do you think is better? Thanks to you all again for advice!
I think the former would make more sense because your advisor would be the one most familiar with your duties. How my NOC 4011 letter ended up being is my supervisor signed off on the letter, but in the section about my hours, salary, and other administrative information, she wrote something along the lines of, "This information was provided by [Administrator], who can be reached at ," which I think makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Linalin

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
I think the former would make more sense because your advisor would be the one most familiar with your duties. How my NOC 4011 letter ended up being is my supervisor signed off on the letter, but in the section about my hours, salary, and other administrative information, she wrote something along the lines of, "This information was provided by [Administrator], who can be reached at ," which I think makes a lot of sense.
Thank you :) The way you proposed sounds reasonable, I'll see if my advisor can write something like that

vympel001

Oct 23, 2020
Hello, did you receive a PR finally?

I am in a similar situation. Completed my PhD. in USA of 5 years. I am going to claim all 5 years as a Graduate Research Assistant under NOC 4012. Please let me know if anyone in the past has gotten approval?

Yes I did.