+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 4011

gabrieljoyce

Sep 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I've always worked as a postdoctoral fellow since finishing my Ph.D. and the NOC code for this profession is 4011. Currently I work at a university, again as a manager of a research project, but my profession name is called `contract personnel`. How can I prove to IRCC that, as a contract personnel, I work as a postdoctoral fellow and a project manager? Legally, the university input me in the class of `contract personnel`, because I'm not a tenured instructor yet, but IRCC might get confused of what this employment name means.

Mer 01-84

May 12, 2022
Hi,

I have the same NOC code. While I was employed as a professor at a university in my home country (Ecuador), and working full-time, I also submitted evidence for other jobs I've had as a lecturer with a temporary contract (i.e. hired for the term to teach only one course). To show correspondance with the NOC, I submitted letters from my immediate supervisors explaining my roles and duties in those positions. The letters were attached to the official work certificates that I got from the universities.
Still waiting for a decision, but I'll let you know if it works.